NHL blasted in obituary LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaysfanatic*

Fan blasts lockout in Ottawa obituary

"He asked that Mr. Bettman and Mr. Goodenow know that they are 'skunks' for denying him the pleasure of watching the NHL on TV this year," the obituary read.

Bennitz also pledged support for Wayne Gretzky to replace Bettman.

David Bennitz told the Citizen that late father loved hockey and didn't watch anything else on television. As the lockout dragged on this winter, the elder Bennitz grew more angry and frustrated.

He spent the last month of his life in the hospital, constantly complaining that there was no hockey to watch on television, according to the Citizen's story.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=112100&hubName=nhl

:lol , they are getting ripped in the most unlikely ways.

Jaysfanatic*

chiavsfan said:
That cracks me up...someone should send that to everyone involved (Linden, Goodenow, Bettman, Daley, Saskin, etc...)

Or maybe a subpoena on involuntary manslaughter...No hockey invountarrily killed Mr. Bennitz

lol, good call

Go Flames Go*

Strange, but this will not effect negotiations. This is a serious matter and not a joke that a person dying is gonna sway someones desicions into accepting a half assed CBA. The owners need a cap.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Go Flames Go said:
This is a serious matter and not a joke that a person dying is gonna sway someones desicions into accepting a half assed CBA. The owners need a cap.

Funny that you would consider the death of a human being to be less important than the successful negotiation of a salary cap...

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Now that is a guy I can respect!!! Rest in Peace Mr. Bennitz.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Go Flames Go said:
Strange, but this will not effect negotiations. This is a serious matter and not a joke that a person dying is gonna sway someones desicions into accepting a half assed CBA. The owners need a cap.

Not so sure. To acknowledge the disappointment of some general, faceless "fans" is one thing, to have it brought home at a truly personal level — i.e. a guy confined to a hospital love hockey, but can't watch it on TV because of the lockout — should affect anyone other than the most cold, cruel, heartless, know-nothing...

Never mind.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
hockeyfan33 said:
man, canadiens do nothing but wine about the salary cap, get over it it's getting old.

Come on now... Seriously...

We also shovel snow.

Last edited:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Double-Shift Lassés said:
Not so sure. To acknowledge the disappointment of some general, faceless "fans" is one thing, to have it brought home at a truly personal level — i.e. a guy confined to a hospital love hockey, but can't watch it on TV because of the lockout — should affect anyone other than the most cold, cruel, heartless, know-nothing...

Never mind.
good one :lol

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
I thought for *sure* the thread would say here "Bettman/Goodenow kill hockey fan", depending on who started the thread. :lol

I for one, salute this honoured veteran. R.I.P.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
Go Flames Go said:

they do not need a cap. RICH owners want a cap as it will drive up their market value for their team while the poor owners will still find it hard to reach the cap because, as I have said countless times, the owners want nothing to do with REAL revenue sharing.

The cap in it's current NHL offer form just plain sucks and I back the players for holding out until the owners change on their revenue sharing plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->