GDT: NHL Awards

Discussion in 'Boston Bruins' started by Bruinaura, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Chief Nine

Chief Nine HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

The only way that happens is if they go 0-82

2. missingchicklet

missingchicklet Registered User

Didn't watch the awards show. Everything always comes off as awkward so it's best I not watch and just look at the winners on the internet after the show.

The voters got things right this year. Couldn't really disagree with any of the choices. Stinks about Bergy being out so many games. He was so flippin good this past season. Kopitar played the full season and had the stats to back up his winning the award.

3. RussellmaniaKW

RussellmaniaKW Registered User

maybe if Barzal is on the 3rd line we get some production out of them and win a couple more games against Tampa ;)

4. Bruinaura

Bruinaura Registered User

Kovi, RussellmaniaKW, sleepyh and 3 others like this.
  5. sooshii

sooshii puppy luv Sponsor

Kovi, RussellmaniaKW and Alicat like this.
  6. Bruinaura

Bruinaura Registered User

Me too. :)

7. Chief Nine

Sounds like I missed a real gong show last night. I was out and didn't get home until late so I figured that hey, NHL Radio will have coverage! So I tuned in and all Mickey Mouse NHL Radio on Sirius XM did was have two people live on the air talking about the awards show. They couldn't just pull a live feed??

Once I heard Kopitar won the Selke (well earned) I changed the station

8. Aeroforce

Aeroforce Registered User

I DVR'd it and caught it tonight. From my vague recollection of The Gong Show, as bad as it was it was a lot better than the NHL Awards. ;)

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic, as there surely are more important things than hockey. But hockey in many ways is an escape. This year's show seemed dominated by things outside the game - school shootings, the Vegas shooting, off ice charity work by the players, fighting diseases, etc. The gestures the league extended after these tragedies were truly heartwarming. But to dominate an awards show with them almost seems self-congratulatory.

That being said the Humboldt Broncos were easily the highlight. You could see every NHL star reflecting on their youthful days riding buses.

But the cringe-worthy aspects were endless, and seemed to get worse as the show progressed - or regressed.

Card tricks? A ventriloquist? Two Beavis and Butthead wannabes with hockey sticks? Panic at the Disco lip syncing in a water fountain? A little kid pimping some movie he's in, interviewing players? Did anyone get even one joke told by Jim Belushi?

Why go to Vegas for all that nonsense? Was there no available banquet room in Branson?

I saw the comments here about the overwhelming number of blond WAGs. I'm not complaining, but wow, you weren't kidding! ;)

Chief Nine likes this.
  9. Chief Nine

Thanks @Aeroforce I’m really glad I had other things to do that night. Sounds like it was just not worth bothering to watch

Aeroforce likes this.
  10. ODAAT

ODAAT Registered User

Restaurant Biz
    Kovi likes this.