GDT: NHL Awards 2019 - 5PM ET - NBCSN/Sportsnet

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Karlsson didnt deserve any votes. Not even a 5th place vote.

But the rest are silly. Is there another bonino om not aware of?
It's just that it's very strange for a player to get that many votes in exactly 5th place and nowhere else.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Best part of the night was Subban looking dejected when the Blues were up there talking about the cup with the cup on stage.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
But when it comes to Points/GP, he is more in the league of Jagr, Francis and Yzerman than Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr and even Crosby.

The players in the former group benefited far more from longevity, health, and continuing to play well past their prime. The guys in the latter group did not either by choice, or by injury.

4th in playoff PPG. Really more like 3rd as Barry Pederson only played 30ish games.

Only Gretzky and Lemieux ahead of him in playoff PPG over a large sample size.

Interesting results, thanks for the debate. The results of playoffs PPG really highlight how Messier stepped up when it mattered most.

If you take out Pederson it’s:
1. Gretzky
2. Lemieux
3. Messier
4. Orr
14. Sakic
38. Jagr
47. Yzerman
93. Francis

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
4th in playoff PPG. Really more like 3rd as Barry Pederson only played 30ish games.

Only Gretzky and Lemieux ahead of him in playoff PPG over a large sample size.

Interesting results, thanks for the debate. The results of playoffs PPG really highlight how Messier stepped up when it mattered most.

If you take out Pederson it’s:
1. Gretzky
2. Lemieux
3. Messier
4. Orr
14. Sakic
38. Jagr
47. Yzerman
93. Francis
I would still point out who his teammates were for a majority of those games. But it's hard to really to quantify, so it usually just comes down to individual perception. I will point out Jarri Kurri is not far behind at 6th.

Thanks as well for the good debate.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Trotz showing his staff a lot of love and gave them much of the credit. He flew them and their families out to Vegas to share the award and ceremonies. Classy move.

Reactions: thegoldenyear

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Was McDavid wearing a cord for a belt?

199982.jpg

was more like a rope as it did not have either the male or female connections of a chord but yes he was....new fashion statement I suppose...

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
the NHL awards are getting worse and worse IMO.

they are trying WAY too hard to make things funny and that results in just plain old CHESSY.

just terrible, worried about players speaking for too long but they spend incredible amounts of time trying to have people be funny which they are really not...

OmazingGrace

Apr 19, 2019

they are trying WAY too hard to make things funny and that results in just plain old CHESSY.

just terrible, worried about players speaking for too long but they spend incredible amounts of time trying to have people be funny which they are really not...
Family friendly G rated comedy generally isn't going to be funny

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Family friendly G rated comedy generally isn't going to be funny

then stop trying to make it funny, cause its not focus on more of the accomplishments of the nominees and the stories like the Price story and how the hockey community gives back.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012

It's not getting worse, this is exactly what it's been for years.

Reactions: Hockey Outsider

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
what's up with many of the players not wearing socks?

is that also a new fashion trend like macdavids rope belt?

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
what's up with many of the players not wearing socks?

is that also a new fashion trend like macdavids rope belt?
Just bring in Norm MacDonald to MC. He'll take care of it not being funny and he'll likely make the athletes look foolish for going sockless and wearing rope belts.

Funniest sports award show I've ever seen was back in the day when Norm did the espys. There were some offended athletes for sure, Ken Griffey Jr. Looked like he wanted to strangle Norm.
Good times. Glad I didn't watch tonight.

Reactions: Flamesss

Edgar Carrow

The Misshapen Steed
Oct 12, 2013
Blackwater Park
Just bring in Norm MacDonald to MC. He'll take care of it not being funny and he'll likely make the athletes look foolish for going sockless and wearing rope belts.

Funniest sports award show I've ever seen was back in the day when Norm did the espys. There were some offended athletes for sure, Ken Griffey Jr. Looked like he wanted to strangle Norm.

The whole time I was wondering what Norm would be saying. :D

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Anyone else catch the guy saying he won it two times with the CBJ obviously mistaking him for Bob?

I can't be the only one who caught that.

He didn't. He said that Vasilevskiy was the second Russian goalie to win the Vezina after Bobrovsky, who won it two times with the CBJ.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

I think I've said this every year lol. The biggest reason is because Norm embraces the cringe and turns it into something even funnier. I remember Jay Mohr kind of tried to do this when he hosted, not giving a f*** about "bombing", but he lacks Norm's charm to pull it off.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad