GDT: NHL Awards 2019 - 5PM ET - NBCSN/Sportsnet

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
People talk about McDavid having no charisma but man ... Kucherov might be worse.
MTxJfBu.gif

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
People talk about McDavid having no charisma but man ... Kucherov might be worse.
Matthews pits stains through the suit was the pinnacle of this show. Never seen that amount of sweating before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Le Miz

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I had the sound off. Did Mark Messier explain to the crowd what leadership is?

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
11 of the past 16 Hart winners, going back to 2003, also won the Art Ross trophy.

14 of the past 16 were in the top three in scoring - the exceptions being Carey Price and Taylor Hall.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They are on twitter now. Just type in the trophy and voting.

Seems like nothing was close, run away winners all over the place.

So far:

-Erik Karlsson got four 5th-place Norris votes but nothing higher

-Muzzin got a 3rd-place Norris vote

-Bonino and Cirelli got 1st-place Norris votes (@DominicBoltsFan where you at boy?)

-Binnington got a 2nd-place Hart vote

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
I mean the guy won 6 Cups.

Including one in Edmonton after Gretzky left. Peak Moose was an absolute force and the type of teammate everyone loves in the room.

He was exceptionally skilled, competitive, and down right nasty in an era when you could be.

I remember hearing before every game in the warms up or just before the game he’d skate by the other teams bench and say “No one touches Gretz, and if you guys do, I’m going to kill _________ (that person being the other teams best player)”. And he wasn’t just a goon, the guy had unreal skill.

He’s one of the under appreciated players of all time.

There are 24 players in history who have 6 or more cups. The fact that 4 of Messier's were as a sidekick to Gretzky and the most talented team in history makes this a poor reason to name a leadership award after him.

Your other major argument is that Messier was a great goon. I would certainly advocate a dirtiest Player award named after Messier.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Q: what is the NHL award most likely to be brought in to a future episode of "Pawn Stars"?
Answer: Mark Messier Leadership award.
Chumlee: Sorry man, I already got 6 of these in the shop. I can give you 20 bucks.
Post of the night. Grats to you.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
That's because he's not.

Who of Gretzky/Orr/Howe/Lemieux/Hull/Beliveau/Harvey/Richard/Roy/Hasek/Bourque/Shore/Morenz should he be ahead of?

According to the most knowledgeable fans on this board, he is 21st all-time. Top-100 Hockey Players of All-Time

I don’t have him in my top 10 either, that’s my point. He’s likely in the 12-16 range for me. I think you could add Esposito and Lidstrom to that list too ahead of him. Probably others if I sat down and thought about, maybe Cyclone Taylor, Jagr,

It’s weird because his numbers and accomplishments should have him higher, also his physical play and competitiveness stand out with the eye test.

Yet for whatever reason, he remains forgotten about when talking about luminaries of the game.

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
Most likely discussed already, but why the hell did McJesus tie a rope around his dress pants? Add his scruffy look, and he looks like a bum off the street that stole someones suit jacket and snuk into the awards. Whoever told him that would be a good idea needs their head checked. Get a bloody belt, I am sure you can afford one ffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->