NHL: Around the League 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I don’t know how you can without drastically messing with LTIR. It would pretty much neuter the trade deadline. Kane was hurt. Kucherov was hurt.

Teams want their top 5? Forwards in the league in the lineup. It’s a very special set of circumstances.
Couldn't you just say that the salary cap applies in the playoffs?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It's 6:00am and I'm thinking about how Stan Bowman really split up the greatest duo in modern NHL history.

I love Stan, but there is no bigger blemish on his career as a GM than that.

Reactions: Cowch

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
It's 6:00am and I'm thinking about how Stan Bowman really split up the greatest duo in modern NHL history.

Yeah unfortunately its bad in hindsight. I end up watching highlights of those two every now and then, and it's legit painful.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016

He definitely got a subpar return, no doubt about that.

But the ripple effects of that trade.....with Panarin there is no way we are in position to draft the guys we did.

So we have to see how Boq and Dach (and everyone else after them, but to a much lesser extent) develop. If they hit their ceilings, well...long run I'd say it was the right move to trade bread, but the outcome overall is still TBD.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->