NHL: Around the League 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Auston Matthews is unbelievable. He has to be working his way up right behind McDavid as most dominating force in the game. What a shot that kid has. Can't remember a center that shoots like that..unreal.

Isles vs Pens good game tonight 3-2 Pens final few minutes

Nashville beat the Jackets, so thanks for that mustard cats.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Sam Bennett has requested a trade. We talked about him 2 years ago- we do well with reclamation players, with Toews and Dach out, he wouldn't cost a ton to get IMO

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Sam Bennett has requested a trade. We talked about him 2 years ago- we do well with reclamation players, with Toews and Dach out, he wouldn't cost a ton to get IMO
Strome for Bennett? Bennett is a year older but I think I'd do that.

The Hawks really need a right shot though.
Idk who might be available that fits that description. They really missed the boat when Roslovic was available.

Reactions: Pertti

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Strome for Bennett? Bennett is a year older but I think I'd do that.

The Hawks really need a right shot though.
Idk who might be available that fits that description. They really missed the boat when Roslovic was available.
We don’t need reclamation projects, how many even end up working out? Just trade him for a second round pick and move on.

On an unrelated note, the North division is absolute garbage. Not a single one of those teams knows how to play defense.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
We don’t need reclamation projects, how many even end up working out? Just trade him for a second round pick and move on.

On an unrelated note, the North division is absolute garbage. Not a single one of those teams knows how to play defense.
You think they can get a 2nd for him? I'm not sure they could trade Strome for more than a bag of heavily used hockey pucks right now.

Imagine scouting Strome and telling your GM "We should give a 2nd for that guy" you'd get fired on the spot.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Looked helmet to helmet to me and blatant predator-like on a guy not looking and without the puck:

I watched the game. Bennett is looking down at the puck, trying to make a play on it... His stick is even on the ice, with two hands on it. The puck is bouncing all over the place, so both players are looking down. 4K was not prepared at all for contact, was barely moving, and Bennett was flying through, ready for contact. Bennett caught the back of his shoulder as he came through, spinning him. If it is 4k's head(and not his shoulder, as I suspect) it's because of the fall to the ice. Not the contact.

For someone who preaches physicality, and tough old school hockey, you seem to be completely out of touch here. It was a freak accident that happens when guys are moving at those speeds. I might even go so far as to say incidental. Predatory? Suspension worthy? GTFO of here with that.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Perhaps I´m biased but I just do think Lankinen is more exciting. He's younger and if you check out the stats from that WC he played, I get the impression that he has a higher upside. I mean he was on the same level as Vasilevskiy himself. Of course it's a small sample size, but his numbers from Finland are promising as well.
Even if he wouldn't turn out great he seems to have somewhat of a potential to become a decent starter. I just don't get that impression of seeing this goalie against the Panthers and Subban form his earlier performances.

IIHF - Statistics 2019 IIHF ICE HOCKEY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Well, this has aged pretty well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad