Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Slight edge in net though

Vasi > Crawford

Crawford was great and all but Vasi is a franchise goalie

Crawford was 100% a franchise goalie, and for probably 5 years, he was a top 3 goalie in the NHL. It's a f***ing travesty that he never won a Vezina. He got closer to winning the Calder than he ever got to winning the Vezina. So dumb.

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Crow was at least a top three contributor for two Cups for us and utterly carried this team to relevency/borderline relevancy for several years of blueline garbage (my opinion being that he was robbed of the Conn Smythe in 2013, which Kane unsolicited agreed to contemporaneously, and the only player unequivocally more integral for 2015 was Keith going Super Saiyan for four series).

You're free to think that Crow isn't A+ starter material anymore, but the dude was absolutely a quality franchise goalie for us for basically a decade. If you told me that our next goalie was going to offer us that level of quality and consistency for the 2020s, I'd be very happy.

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
From 2013 to 2018, Crawford was a top 5 goalie in the league, and a top 3 goalie by many metrics.

If the Vezina were voted on by press instead of GMs, who routinely demonstrate they have no idea how to evaluate goaltending, then he probably has a Vezina nomination at the very least.

Could Vasi be better when all is said and done? Maybe. But I'm going to wait til he has a similarly excellent 5 year stretch before conceding so.

My favorite Crawford stat:

Since 2007-2008, no goalie that has played at least 1000mins has managed a HDSv% over .870 (High danger save percentage... ie, the saves a goalie shouldn't make, but somehow do) 4x.

Three have done it 3x.

Lundqvist. Rask. And Crawford.

That is elite company. And Crow is the only one of the bunch with rings to show for it.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Could Vasi be better when all is said and done? Maybe. But I'm going to wait til he has a similarly excellent 5 year stretch before conceding so.

Vasi since taking over as #1 has been elite in performance and has already established himself as one of the best in game and is only just 26

Over last 4 years (Since taking over as starter)

220 Games (216 starts)
141-58-17
.920 sv pct
19 shutouts

3x Allstar
2019 1st Team Allstar
1 Vezina (+ two additional top 3 finishes)

I love Crawford and everything he has done. Would agree he was underrated and one of the best in NHL for several years but Vasi is a talent far above Crawford

Vasilevskiy is rare talent at G position and barring injury is already well on path to being a Hall of Famer

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Looking at the past Cup winners since we won in 2010, all of them except for the 2016-2017 Penguins had a #1D. Both the Stars and the Lightning have a legit #1D. If the Hawks want to be competitive again, we need to find a legit #1D.

Short of being willing to move significant young roster pieces, or overpaying for Pietrangelo, how can the Hawks acquire a legit #1?

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Love that Pietrangelo is edging closer to leaving the Blues. Needless to say, losing him will be a huge blow. Fingers and toes most definitely crossed.

That said, he's going to be north of $8M and is probably going to get 8 years. Sheer insanity in my book. Last 2-3 years are going to ugly.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Love that Pietrangelo is edging closer to leaving the Blues. Needless to say, losing him will be a huge blow. Fingers and toes most definitely crossed.

That said, he's going to be north of $8M and is probably going to get 8 years. Sheer insanity in my book. Last 2-3 years are going to ugly.

Ya, but if you’re Boston then you’re probably accepting that pain in five years in order to give Marchand/Bergeron a few more shots at a Cup.

Reactions: bwana63

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Should every team just make their GM retire after a couple cup wins? Seems to be a wiser choice

Fingers and Toews

PIKA PIKA PIKACHU
Sep 21, 2020
Chicago

You mean Fingers and Toews?

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
So did Stammer reaggravate something or was Cooper just resting him after making an impact? If he did hurt himself f*** man my heart goes out to the guy. At least they don’t need to petition for his name on the cup but I can only imagine he wanted to be a leading contributor..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad