NHL: Around the League 44

Status
Not open for further replies.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Can they even fit him? I have a hard time thinking he'll end up with the Avs considering some of the contracts they're going to have to hand out, plus bonuses to some young guys.
Right be a big surprise if Makar doesnt get that calder bonus, I would assume he has that in his contract.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Avs are looking better every day now that they are getting healthy. I reckon possible SC contenders very soon. Beat Leafs tonight and looked dam good.

Assuming Byram is as good as advertised, they are going to be very tough to beat.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Has anyone paid attention to Sean Walker in LA? Very quietly this guy is putting up great advanced stats and I've never even heard of him.

LA was the only team to send him an offer. Looks like they may have uncovered a gem.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Has anyone paid attention to Sean Walker in LA? Very quietly this guy is putting up great advanced stats and I've never even heard of him.

LA was the only team to send him an offer. Looks like they may have uncovered a gem.

I can’t remember if it was the game against the Hawks or a random Kings game I watched but he really stood out. I had never heard of the guy before.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

SnakePlissken

Jun 16, 2015
I think the current top 10 in points pct is pretty interesting vs. pre-season expectations:

1. Boston - Sure
2. Washington - Yep
3. Islanders - Is there a better coach than Barry Trotz?
4. Blues - I hate that they are here even without Tarasenko, but have to give them their due
5. Avs - Not surprising, but depressing that we are destined to be the nail to their hammer for a while
6. Flyers - Out of left field for me, some nice pieces and Hart but I didn't expect it to come together this year
7. Oilers - Obvious talent, but McClellen and Hitch are considered to be good coaches, so did the change at the top make that much of a difference?
8. Pens - Not overly surprised to see them here, but without Sid it's impressive
9. Jets - Unexpected with all the roster losses - I wasn't buying Hellebuyck but the numbers are great, is it sustainable?
10. Coyotes - Had to happen sometime but still ahead of expectations

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Is it wrong that I legit thought that Seattle was starting play next season? They're still a year and a half away from starting.

Talk about dragged out...

No, a few people have mixed that up here. Stems from the belief in the Seabrook compliance buyout IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->