NHL: Around the League 44

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I make the list, assuming that the list will remain confidential, and my name won't be associated with it.... Like any normal individual would assume.
oh ok i didnt read anything about it remaining confidential or name not being associated with it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
yes i do. he could have said im not going to do that to my teammates. i know it would have been extremely hard as a rookie to a veteran coach..but ya he did have a choice. im not saying its his fault he was in a bad situation babcock put him in.

I am sorry but of you think a 19 year old rookie had a choice then you are out to lunch. If your coach asks you to do something you do it (with in logical reason). He had a choice...come the f*** on.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I did not realize just how bad Detroit has fallen

Worst team in NHL at this point and appear to finally hitting rock bottom after years of gradual decline

I expect Yzerman to turn them around though

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I am sorry but of you think a 19 year old rookie had a choice then you are out to lunch. If your coach asks you to do something you do it (with in logical reason). He had a choice...come the **** on.

i mean he did have a choice. id say 90% of players make the same choice he did but he did have a choice. babcocks a lunatic for making him make that choice. being a rookie makes it extremely difficult to tell that maniac no.

i wonder if babcock gets another job anytime soon after that story. Peters certainly wont for a while (after hes fired).

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
i mean he did have a choice. id say 90% of players make the same choice he did but he did have a choice. babcocks a lunatic for making him make that choice. being a rookie makes it extremely difficult to tell that maniac no.

i wonder if babcock gets another job anytime soon after that story. Peters certainly wont for a while (after hes fired).

Bullshit. He had no choice. His coach told him to do something and he had to do it.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
According to Babcock he did. Poor play away from the puck and effort. Babcock gives no ****s about how things go over.
Marner could have went to management about it..No? (I'm not blaming Marner, or saying he had a choice, just playing devils advocate.)

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Marner could have went to management about it..No? (I'm not blaming Marner, or saying he had a choice, just playing devils advocate.)

He could of sure but we both know he was worried about his career and what his teammates thought about it. Teams don't like players that cry to management so I am sure he was worried about that.

Marner had no choice.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He could of sure but we both know he was worried about his career and what his teammates thought about it. Teams don't like players that cry to management so I am sure he was worried about that.

Marner had no choice.
I think his teammates would have backed him 100% if he told them what Babs asked him to do. They probably would have turned on Babs a lot sooner.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Marner had no choice.

I'd argue he had a choice, but his only choice was a terrible choice. Risk your career to out a well-regarded coach for being a dick, or keep quiet, and move on, as you likely won't have to play for him for more than a few years, at most.

Reactions: Hawkaholic

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'd argue he had a choice, but his only choice was a terrible choice. Risk your career to out a well-regarded coach for being a dick, or keep quiet, and move on, as you likely won't have to play for him for more than a few years, at most.
Kind of what I was getting at.
For his career, it was his best choice to just do it, kind of like how for Aliu, it was his best choice not to say anything about Peters.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’m sure a 19 year old could’ve easily just not listened to a Cup winning, multiple gold medal winning, perceived as one of the best coaches in the league, Babcock no problem. No intimidation or fear on Marner’s part whatsoever

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I think his teammates would have backed him 100% if he told them what Babs asked him to do. They probably would have turned on Babs a lot sooner.

He had no idea that Babcock was going to tell the team.

I don't really consider that a choice. I mean I have a choice to not listen to my boss on projects but it could ruin my career...I don't really consider it a choice.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
He had no idea that Babcock was going to tell the team.

I don't really consider that a choice. I mean I have a choice to not listen to my boss on projects but it could ruin my career...I don't really consider it a choice.

It's still a choice. Bad choice or not.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It's still a choice. Bad choice or not.

Yeah that is not how I view it. If it is a known terrible choice it is not a choice for me. Another example, leaving the bar after drinking 8 vodka or 8 fancy beers (for you) we have the choice to drive home or take an Uber (unless you have a booze lock on your car) but do you really consider it having a choice? I don't.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah that is not how I view it. If it is a known terrible choice it is not a choice for me. Another example, leaving the bar after drinking 8 vodka or 8 fancy beers (for you) we have the choice to drive home or take an Uber (unless you have a booze lock on your car) but do you really consider it having a choice? I don't.

Fair enough.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
There’s a weird power dynamic between nineteen year old rookie and highly paid highly thought of veteran coach that makes it really shitty. Asking Marner to make the list as an introspective teaching moment is one thing. Sharing the list with the team is something else entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->