Confirmed with Link: NHL Announces RTP Schedule. Leafs play game 1 on August 2nd

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
been busy with other stuff in life so not up to speed with any of the hockey news

are they playing all the games in the same arena? if yes I hope the ice isn't terrible

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
what does this mean, no more Saturday Night Leafs or something? It's all weeknights and Sundays.. balls.

Reactions: Brown Dog

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
FWIW the Bruins board has a post that Bruins- Flyers on Aug 2 goes off at noon on NBC. So my guess is the Leafs - CBJ would be at 4 or 7.
4 or 8. The slots are 12, 4, and 8. And hope that if the Leafs are playing at 8, that the games are 12 and 4 don't go long or the start could be much later.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Any word on the time slot for our games? I assume 8pm for them all.

Actually, other than the round robin games that are apparently going to be at 4 pm on days when there are three games, I wouldn't be surprised if the NHL rotated the games through time slots, so that no team gets all their games in prime time. That would also give all fans a chance to see their team in prime time as well.

And it's been less than 2 pages and I'm already annoyed by entitled Leafs fans.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I know it’s a loser excuse but I knew we were losing that game because of the start time. If you compare the amount if afternoon games both teams have played in the last 5 years it’s laughable.

You said it yourself, it’s a loser excuse to bring up. How does playing a game in the afternoon differ from playing 4 hours later at 7. I’ll spare you a response and say the answer is nothing. Us losing Game 6 had zilch to do with a afternoon start and 1000% getting owned by a superior team.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
not that watching teams play in empty arenas will be anything to write home about anyway

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Stupid to not have the Leafs on either Saturday, and stupid to do back to backs for potential elimination games, but at least hockey is back.
How does playing a game in the afternoon differ from playing 4 hours later at 7.
Actually, quite a bit. These athletes have routines to get ready for a game, and when you play at a time that is wildly different from when you've really ever played, your routine is thrown off.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Stupid to not have the Leafs on either Saturday, and stupid to do back to backs for potential elimination games, but at least hockey is back.

Actually, quite a bit. These athletes have routines to get ready for a game, and when you play at a time that is wildly different from when you've really ever played, your routine is thrown off.

It’s the same for every team, no choice but afternoon games.

Eric bungay

Jun 30, 2018
Dose anybody know who's calling the games ? Wonder if they will have different broadcasters for every series...lol cant wait for the hockey to be back Go Leafs Go !!!!!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You said it yourself, it’s a loser excuse to bring up. How does playing a game in the afternoon differ from playing 4 hours later at 7. I’ll spare you a response and say the answer is nothing. Us losing Game 6 had zilch to do with a afternoon start and 1000% getting owned by a superior team.
Think you’re wrong here. Routines get thrown out of whack.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Any warm up exhibition games? Nobody has played actually games in 4 1/2 months. This is equivalent to the layoff during the summer for non playoff qualifiers.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Any warm up exhibition games? Nobody has played actually games in 4 1/2 months. This is equivalent to the layoff during the summer for non playoff qualifiers.

Last I heard 2 exhibition games each
If camp starts on Monday, any word on Matthews, awful quiet on him.

Reactions: JustAShadow

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The schedule is finally updated in my calendar...Aug 2 Jays play at 3 and Leafs at 7

Reactions: Smif

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
This year, afternoon games are understandable due to limitations caused by the pandemic. Last year, they were not necessary.

NBC does Sunday afternoon (and I think some Saturday afternoon) games during the playoffs. And they get some say in what games they get (I think Sportsnet gets some influence too). And NBC likes Boston-Toronto. So, you're saying that a major broadcast partner shouldn't get a say in the teams they want? And for Rogers, I wonder if they may end up with more viewers total with the Leafs in the afternoon and a generic playoff game at night as opposed to the other way around.

Contrary to what some Canadians seem to think, Sunday afternoon is a major time to watch sports.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
So, you're saying that a major broadcast partner shouldn't get a say in the teams they want?
I don't think there should be any afternoon or back to back games in the playoffs in the first place, especially when it represents a competitive advantage for one of the teams in a series.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
NBC does Sunday afternoon (and I think some Saturday afternoon) games during the playoffs. And they get some say in what games they get (I think Sportsnet gets some influence too). And NBC likes Boston-Toronto. So, you're saying that a major broadcast partner shouldn't get a say in the teams they want? And for Rogers, I wonder if they may end up with more viewers total with the Leafs in the afternoon and a generic playoff game at night as opposed to the other way around.

Contrary to what some Canadians seem to think, Sunday afternoon is a major time to watch sports.
It’s an unfair advantage when one Team plays many afternoon games in a season and their opponent rarely if ever does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad