NHL Also Denies "Deal In Principle"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Lou is God said:
Again it's done boys, there will be NHL hockey and in the imfamous words of Marshall Tucker, "Can't You See"! :)

I'mma gonna hold you to that, Lou. You better be right, or I'll have to continue my early spring cleaning all next week. :cry:

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
flyers guy said:
McKenzie's latest:http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=115420&hubName=nhl

Bust out the hard liquor, Lou!

Important quote:

All this optimism was clearly misplaced on Friday. That isn't to say the NHL and NHLPA can't pull a rabbit out of the hat, but it's not nearly the slam dunk so many people are suggesting now that the two sides are going back to the table.

I agree that optimism has maybe got carried away a bit, but they can't afford to turn back now, and they have to know that.

Drinking Bud right now, and alot of it!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Lou is God said:
Important quote:

I agree that optimism has maybe got carried away a bit, but they can't afford to turn back now, and they have to know that.

I am going to rename you 'un-jaded-fan' Lou . . . keep up that optimism. I actually do see all this as a very good sign no matter what happens and am more convinced than ever that at worst hockey will begin on time next year. There is too much movement to think otherwise, though I do think that it is seeming less and less likely that the hopes from early tonight are not going to play out.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Lou is God said:
Important quote:

Isn't that what was said Wednesday morning?

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Lou is God said:
These quotes are still a complete 360 from what we were hearing earlier. "Pulling a rabbit out of a hat" sure as hell doesn't sound very convincing. Still hopeful, but it's been a damned rollercoaster the whole way through.

I'm all out of Newcastles and into the reserve Miller Lite (blech!) Will be bringing out the hard stuff soon, so I might yet be optimistic again tonight.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Jaded-Fan said:
I am going to rename you 'un-jaded-fan' Lou . . . keep up that optimism. I actually do see all this as a very good sign no matter what happens and am more convinced than ever that at worst hockey will begin on time next year. There is too much movement to think otherwise, though I do think that it is seeming less and less likely that the hopes from early tonight are not going to play out.
Somebody has got to keep up the troops spirits here. But you can't blame the doubters here at all, I mean what has this season brought that was optimistic at all? But it's gotta all come to an end sooner or later and this is as good as a time as any.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
"Supposed" meetings, which I guess Goodenow and Bettman aren't even attending (stated in latest BobMac, but now removed) but no press conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->