NHL Also Denies "Deal In Principle"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kessick

Dec 25, 2003
Hockey Universe, ON
Visit site
At this point, I trust TSN a helluva lot more than I do the players or the owners. They're going to deny everything, but there's a meeting tomorrow and we all know it. (why the urgency unless they want to save the season?)

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
We can look at it one of two ways. Either this thing is truly dead. Or as i like to think. The NHL and NHLPA finally agree on something so it must be to throw the media off the scent.

Reilly311

nomorekids said:
like i said...we're not talking about a blog declaring a deal in principle. TSN, THN, ESPN...that's a lot of reputable sites reporting this as something that's going to happen.

but they're all basing their report of the Hockey News source.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
What do you all think the press conference is for tommorow? Tiddlywinks?

Obviously neither side will officially confirm this yet.

Reilly311

Doctor Zoidberg said:
Not ESPN. They have independant confirmation from EJ Hradek, for what thats worth.

It's worth nothing. Phil Bourque said on FSN Pittsburgh that his source said the same thing. Let's wait until tomorrow. Jesus Christ.

hockeymistress

Oct 9, 2004
MrKnowNothing said:
What do you all think the press conference is for tommorow? Tiddlywinks?

Obviously neither side will officially confirm this yet.

Has a press conference offically been called?
Who called it?
What time?

H.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Reilly311 said:
It's worth nothing. Phil Bourque said on FSN Pittsburgh that his source said the same thing. Let's wait until tomorrow. Jesus Christ.

I'm noticing a trend in your posting..

Everyone : The sky is blue

Reilly: No, it's red.

two days later...

Everyone: The sky is red!
Reilly: Nah, it's blue.

Why?

Reilly311

nomorekids said:
I'm noticing a trend in your posting..

Everyone : The sky is blue

Reilly: No, it's red.

two days later...

Everyone: The sky is red!
Reilly: Nah, it's blue.

Why?

:)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
ccliquer said:
At this point, I trust TSN a helluva lot more than I do the players or the owners. They're going to deny everything, but there's a meeting tomorrow and we all know it. (why the urgency unless they want to save the season?)

Why? Because their agreement in principle is something to hide? I just do not get, if the story is true, why denying it would be a necessary thing. It is good news for both, right?

Initial_Lotus

Nov 6, 2004
State of Confusion
Reilly311 said:

So go wait for tomorrow. What the hell is wrong with you? Everyone where you live is already sick of your sour ass?

Kessick

Dec 25, 2003
Hockey Universe, ON
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
Why? Because their agreement in principle is something to hide? I just do not get, if the story is true, why denying it would be a necessary thing. It is good news for both, right?

Imagine if things fell through in the last minute; by denying it, it's a safety net of sorts. It would look very bad on both ends. They are waiting until they can dot all the i's before they announce anything, or as others have mentioned, throw off the media circus.

hockeymistress

Oct 9, 2004
Initial_Lotus said:
So go wait for tomorrow. What the hell is wrong with you? Everyone where you live is already sick of your sour ass?

I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a lot of speculation about closed door meetings and a lot of rumors and rumors about rumors. No press conference, and no information.

Maybe we will get "In fairness to the process, we have no comment at this time."

H.

ResidentAlien*

hockeymistress said:
I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a lot of speculation about closed door meetings and a lot of rumors and rumors about rumors. No press conference, and no information.

Maybe we will get "In fairness to the process, we have no comment at this time."

H.
They better shut down all the bridges in Vancouver if that happens.

Seriously I think they are playing the denial card because it has not been voted on...

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
Jaded-Fan said:

Gretzky denied knowing anything about an effort to try and save the season. The very next day, the guy is in a jet to New York to save the season.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Doctor Zoidberg said:
Gretzky denied knowing anything about an effort to try and save the season. The very next day, the guy is in a jet to New York to save the season.
But I can see that .. He was not instrumental in the talks and telling the truth .. but he is invited now as the voice of reason .. he is well respected on both sides as players look up to him and as an owner in a non-hocket market will speak on that situation .. Mario is the same speaking almost as a doulble agent ..

I would trust what Gretzky told me not so sure I would Bettman as a player ..

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
The Messenger said:
But I can see that .. He was not instrumental in the talks and telling the truth .. but he is invited now as the voice of reason .. he is well respected on both sides as players look up to him and as an owner in a non-hocket market will speak on that situation .. Mario is the same speaking almost as a doulble agent ..

I would trust what Gretzky told me not so sure I would Bettman as a player ..

I'm just saying that a lot of people are denying things that they know to be true. The Hockey News reported Gretzky and LeMieux were involved right from the start, and 2 days later, both are in New York. That's more than just coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->