OT: NHL All-Time Draft

In the NHL All Time Draft, who do you have the Bruins take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Cam Neely. 1) The OP says that we do not assume injuries during career will necessarily repeat, and 2) Even in a higher scoring era, you give me a healthy power forward (arguably the prototypical power forward) who can score 50 in 50 then I'm good.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
If you guys are going to vote for a stinkin' Hab, Ken Dryden and Larry Robinson have better arguments than Morenz, IMO.
If you start looking at era adjusted stats, he's at 2.23 points per game, which is by far the highest of all time. Lemieux is at 1.68 and Gretzky is at 1.66. These are two rules that were introduced in the 2 seasons after he put up 51 points in 43 games:

"Forward passing permitted in defensive and neutral zones and into attacking zone if pass receiver is in neutral zone when pass is made. No forward passing allowed inside attacking zone. Minor penalty to be assessed to any player who delays the game by passing the puck back into his defensive zone."

"Forward passing permitted inside all three zones but not permitted across either blue line."

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I've added the tiebreaker poll in for the 2 players that received a grand total of 2 votes each. It will be open for 48 hours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->