OT: NHL All-Time Draft

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Potvin, Trottier, Roy, Hasek, the Hulls, Esposito, Lafleur, Dryden, Bourque, Mikita, Coffey, MacInnis are the only viable options without going way back to players almost none of us have seen actually play, right?
Hasek's off the board. I'd say Brodeur, Dionne, Robinson and Clarke should be on that list. Arguably Francis, Chelios, Selanne and Stevens too. With the injury stipulation, Pronger probably deserves consideration as well.

Reactions: PK Cronin

attilatheislander

It's Mr. Chicken Little to you!
Oct 10, 2014
California
I never saw them play, but both Doug Harvey and Bobby Hull are pretty much consensus top 10 or 15 all-time players, so I'd pick one of them.

BTW,Hawerchuk, Sakic, Lindros, etc. - really??

I checked the Jets, Wild, and Coyote boards. Hawerchuk won with only three votes. Sakic edged Hull in a tie breaker. Lindros ran away with it on the Coyote board with ten votes (Roy was next with five).

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Potvin is a legitimate vote and just lines up with our board well.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Looks like Potvin's gonna take this pretty handily, so I'll give it another hour or so, then move on.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Doug Harvey. I watched him play, although mostly when past his prime, and personally I would take him over Orr. Seven Norris trophys in the first nine years it was awarded (he played seven seasons before it was created), and ten times a first all star.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
We've been on the clock for 13 days. What type of stupid draft is this? 7 Rounds will take us into 2033, and make a LOT more players eligible in later rounds. Heck, Barzal could be had in 2033.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
We've been on the clock for 13 days. What type of stupid draft is this? 7 Rounds will take us into 2033, and make a LOT more players eligible in later rounds. Heck, Barzal could be had in 2033.

The OP has been doing 30 days at East Meadow Correctional facility so things are slow . After us is Lafleur,Roy,Bourque with Dallas now on the clock . Go to the Dallas room and you can see the full list. . Hope this helps ya . This thread may go on until we win another cup or McDavid retires then we draft him ....stay safe

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Bump in the night.

this thread is started up again for a round 2 draft. Currently in Florida and about 4 selection spots from being back in our board. Go to their board to see selections to this point . After Potvin I say we need a center. If not selected by others I say Peter Stastny. He was great for the entire decade of the 80s. If we go hometown again it’s Patty LaLa for me . Cheers all.

Swat those Flys tonight...LGI

Reactions: attilatheislander

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
No problem at all with the board picking Potvin. But Selanne is going to be an underrated pick. If he somehow makes it to the 2nd round of this, we absolutely should go all in on him.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
No problem at all with the board picking Potvin. But Selanne is going to be an underrated pick. If he somehow makes it to the 2nd round of this, we absolutely should go all in on him.

Selanne went 2nd pick 2nd round . Go to Calgary board if you would like to catch up on the selections . Just 3 spots from us now ..LGI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad