OT: NHL All-Time Draft

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Hawerchuk isthe easy pick @ #17

even though he did not make the NHL top 100 player lists from a few years ago ( rigged)

# 20 Th all time points in NHL with 1409 points

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I had a look at his stats and you're right. His career was short but amazing ... 7 seasons played, 5 cups.

I believe the rules of this activity were no currently active players are allowed, but otherwise that would be a good pic. McDavid would be a good one too.
I am sure he has 6 cups?
Maybe you are missing the first where he only played about 6 games in the regular season and then won the cup? There is that one, the one two years later and four in a row from 76-79...plus he missed a season. Add in 5 Vezinas, a Conn Smythe and a Calder. He had one of the best careers, never mind goalies, of any hockey player.

Oh ya, in goal for game 8 of the Summit Series to beat the Russians and win the series.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I am sure he has 6 cups?
Maybe you are missing the first where he only played about 6 games in the regular season and then won the cup? There is that one, the one two years later and four in a row from 76-79...plus he missed a season. Add in 5 Vezinas, a Conn Smythe and a Calder. He had one of the best careers, never mind goalies, of any hockey player.

Oh ya, in goal for game 8 of the Summit Series to beat the Russians and win the series.
But how many teams goalies were playing then? It’s easier to win a cup when it’s 1/4 then one in 33

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
But how many teams goalies were playing then? It’s easier to win a cup when it’s 1/4 then one in 33
About 20 teams I would guess.

His numbers stand. It's not like he played against greats like Orr, Clarke, Esposito, Dionne, Macleish, and Sittler or anything...Dryden is one of the best if not the best goalie of all time.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
About 20 teams I would guess.

His numbers stand. It's not like he played against greats like Orr, Clarke, Esposito, Dionne, Macleish, and Sittler or anything...Dryden is one of the best if not the best goalie of all time.
None of those guys are on the Gretzky, Lemieux or evening the Guy lafleur level. Also think it’s interesting Salic went before Petr Forsberg who I think was the better Av.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad