OT: NHL All-Time Draft

In the NHL-ALL Time Draft, who do you have the Wild take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hull leading...for those who never saw him play, he was Ovechkin, basically. Faster, for sure, and just as good of a shot, but because of the sticks now Ovechkin can do more with his shot than Hull.

Hull moving to the WHA was HUGE news back in the day. Lots of outrage.

Reactions: TaLoN

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Poll ends tonight at midnight. If it's tied, I'll set up a tiebreaker poll in the morning

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Just blows my mind that so many people are voting for Sakic. Sub really shows it's age with those votes. This should've been a 2 pony race between Hull and Bourque.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Just blows my mind that so many people are voting for Sakic. Sub really shows it's age with those votes. This should've been a 2 pony race between Hull and Bourque.
I think you can put Harvey, Rocket Richard, and Phil Esposito in the mix with Hull and Bourque. Sakic getting votes is pretty silly though.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I think you can put Harvey, Rocket Richard, and Phil Esposito in the mix with Hull and Bourque. Sakic getting votes is pretty silly though.
In the mix? Absolutely.

I just, out of all the guys up there, Hull and Bourque are the only two guys who are consensus top 10 all-time. It literally comes down to "Are you drafting the 2nd/3rd best defender of all time?" or "Are you drafting the 2nd/3rd best goal scorer of all time?"

Reactions: 2Pair

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
As a huge Sakic fan... he has no argument vs Hull IMO. Love me some prime Joe Sakic, but Hull was something else!

Only reason I can fathom Sakic being in this poll like he is... recency bias. Many here aren't aware of just how special Hull really was, and they actually got to see Sakic play by comparison, so they err on the side of who they saw.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bourque is certainly deserving, also, but Harvey was the guy on the back end for hockey's equivalent of the 27 Yankees. He won 7 Norris's, but the award didn't even exist till he was 29-30 years old. He likely could've won 10 at least.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Poll closes in under 1 hour. Last chance for someone to cast the deciding vote before we move to a tiebreaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad