OT: NHL All-Time Draft

In the NHL-ALL Time Draft, who do you have the Coyotes take?

• Total voters

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The bolded is why I was interested in doing this. It's fascinating to watch fanbases go back and forth about which past player would be the best choice. (I for one am hoping Forsberg, Harvey, or Shore make it to the Rangers. Not Clarke though, he's a shitty person and I don't want him on my team lol)

Honestly, Doug Harvey shouldn't even still be available. Think he has a shot of falling to the Rangers board? I would think he must be selected by fans of Vancouver or Calgary assuming Canadian fans are more knowledgeable about the history of the game and less privy to recency bias. No shocker Habs fans went with Beliveau but Harvey should have gone 5, 6, 7, 9 and should go here but he won't.

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
I saw him play on TV with the Blues in 68 although I barely remember him. He is a top 100 of all time plus he was tough. My father told me he was the best Dman until Orr. 11 time all star, most of the time near the top in scoring for Dman. He was also a Captain of the Habs.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Adding the poll now. Remember that if you listed multiple players in your post, without specifying a first choice, I have to discount it.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Coyotes have had great goaltending, and great defense, what we've lacked for eons is a true #1 center. Imagine having an injury reduced Lindros anchor our top line for ~15 years. Heaven.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Since I forgot to clarify, poll will be up for 24 hours from the starting time before I move onto the next team (or a tie-breaker should that be necessary)

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I voted for Roy because he had the complete ability to take over games even as an 18yo. To me he's the perfect goalie to build a team around, and looking at Kuemper and Raanta I think Goalies are even more important now.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I was all in on Stevie Y until I saw the blurb about injury-free Lindros, that's just too enticing to pass up. Talk about a career that could've been.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I think we need a poll. Here's who has been mentioned so far:

Brett Hull
Bobby Hull
Ron Francis
Ray Bourque
Paul Coffey
Eric Lindros
Steve Yzerman
Cam Neely
Mike Bossy
Joe Sakic
Marcel Dionne

Any other names to add?
Re read the rules...only inactive players. For me it is a toss up between the dominant #1 D (Bourque), or the 2 top tier first line C's (the all talented Yzerman vs the beast Lindros).

Going to go with the big guy. Lindros.

Last edited:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
This poll is laughable.

If you're interested in this topic, go to the history/all time draft sections. Some of the best researched and most knowledgeable hockey history bluffs I've interacted with post there. They've been playing this game for more than 10 years, done dozens of iterations.

Eric Lindros's actual pro career -- divorced from all the hype or his peak value in 1996 or so -- doesn't belong anywhere near this list.

Ray Bourque and Doug Harvey (Montreal defensive stalwart in the 50s) are the best players on here.

Yzerman and Francis are fine players, but I suspect Bryan Trottier is a little better and I know Stan Mikita was better than Trotts.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
This poll is laughable.

If you're interested in this topic, go to the history/all time draft sections. Some of the best researched and most knowledgeable hockey history bluffs I've interacted with post there. They've been playing this game for more than 10 years, done dozens of iterations.

Eric Lindros's actual pro career -- divorced from all the hype or his peak value in 1996 or so -- doesn't belong anywhere near this list.

Ray Bourque and Doug Harvey (Montreal defensive stalwart in the 50s) are the best players on here.

Yzerman and Francis are fine players, but I suspect Bryan Trottier is a little better and I know Stan Mikita was better than Trotts.
Yeah but people are just trying to select the player they think would be the best for their favorite franchise in this mythical draft, they're not trying to impress hockey history hipsters.

Reactions: MIG

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
This poll is laughable.

Going just by the list provided I agree Bourque is the best player. Lindros the 10th best available player of all retired players. No way. And I couldn't be bothered to make alternate suggestions (Trottier is one of my favourite players). However, the terms/discussion suggested to ignore injury history which makes Lindros very intriguing. The no hit league as it is now means Lindros is less likely to be destroyed by predatory hits from the likes of Scott Stevens. And during his peak early days he was around 1.5 points per game and nearly unstoppable. What could a modern NHL defense do?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad