OT: NHL All-Time Draft

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Yeah gotta go with Wayne. But I definitely want to speak to how hard it is to pass on some of the greatest names ever.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Yeah gotta go with Wayne. But I definitely want to speak to how hard it is to pass on some of the greatest names ever.

For comparison, my friend had all of Forsberg, Lindros, Bure, MacInnis, Stevens, Gilmour, Brodeur missing when he did his list

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If you weren't in a Saturday morning cartoon, I don't want you on my team. It's that simple.

MV5BOGM3ZDFlZDMtMzI4Zi00YTBkLTk1MTItYTJjMDZkN2NiNmU2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_UY1200_CR115,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Reactions: HisNoodliness

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
How is this not a poll format OP? It's going to be a nightmare for you to go through dozens of posts and tally votes for every single pick.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
How is this not a poll format OP? It's going to be a nightmare for you to go through dozens of posts and tally votes for every single pick.

It might become an issue later on, but for now at least it's fine. I just look for what name i see pop up most, and 54 posts isn't terrible. My plan is to put it up to a poll if there's a tie in the initial voting.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
It might become an issue later on, but for now at least it's fine. I just look for what name i see pop up most, and 54 posts isn't terrible. My plan is to put it up to a poll if there's a tie in the initial voting.

Yea I get that it's fine on our board but could be an issue when you get to the leafs/rags/etc boards

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Yea I get that it's fine on our board but could be an issue when you get to the leafs/rags/etc boards

If I knew how to let people add their own choices to a poll, I'd do it that way instead. But I didn't see an option, and therefore didn't want to restrict voting

(Also, I've just got the thread set to "watched" so I get notifications when someone posts, and I just keep a running tally in a google doc)

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
It’s close between Gretzky, Howe and Orr for me but I’d go Gretzky. Can we trade down?

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
It does feel like we should just anger the main boards by picking Howe, Lidstrom or Yzerman...

If it was multi round and trading was allowed we could make a extreme killing on a trade. Everyone is a verified superstar. Getting even say just 3-4 picks for #1 would probably win a draft like this.

This situation is definitely a quantity over "quality" when everyone is a superstar or generational.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad