OT: NHL All-Time Draft, Round 2

In the NHL-ALL Time Draft, who do you have the Maple Leafs take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Hello again from the NYR Boards. Due to requests from multiple posters across the boards, I've decided to continue the All Time draft into a second round. The rules for this draft are as follows, if you did not remember:

1. Every team gets a single pick in the round, and the draft order follows the standings as of 3/20/2020 (the first day of the draft). So even if a team traded its 1st Round pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, they still get a choice in this draft.
2. All retired/inactive NHL players are considered eligible for this draft (including guys playing overseas like Jagr). This also includes players like Tretiak who never had an NHL career but are hockey legends in their own right. All active NHL players, as well as players whose rights are owned by an NHL team, are ineligible
3. It is assumed that player abilities are "up-to-date" with the modern game, so a player like Eddie Shore who played in a far different NHL will not be at a disadvantage compared to say Wayne Gretzky or Jaromir Jagr
4. All players will be drafted into the organization at the age of 18, similar to the NHL Entry Draft
5. It is assumed that players will have a similar ceiling to during their playing career, and have the ability to reach said ceiling, although this is not guaranteed. Similarly, they are not guaranteed to suffer the same injury woes they did during their career (should that be relevant)
6. I'll give 2-3 days for votes to come in before the next team goes on the clock.
7. In the event of a tie, I will set up a tiebreaker poll
8. Please check the below post before voting for a player, as it's possible they have already been taken. And remember again, active players are ineligible.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
32. Detroit Red Wings (1st round pick- Wayne Gretzky) - Sergei Fedorov
33. Ottawa Senators (Mario Lemieux) - Teemu Selanne
34. San Jose Sharks (Bobby Orr) - Stan Mikita
35. Los Angeles Kings (Gordie Howe)- Marcel Dionne
36. Anaheim Ducks (Jaromir Jagr) - Larry Robinson
37. New Jersey Devils (Nicklas Lidstrom) - Scott Stevens
38. Buffalo Sabres (Dominik Hasek) - Gilbert Perreault
39. Montreal Canadiens (Jean Beliveau) - Brett Hull
40. Chicago Blackhawks (Mark Messier) - Chris Chelios
41. Arizona Coyotes (Eric Lindros) - Bryan Trottier
42. Minnesota Wild (Joe Sakic) - Frank Mahovlich
43. Vancouver Canucks (Steve Yzerman) - Scott Niedermayer
44. Nashville Predators (Peter Forsberg) - Jacques Plante
45. Florida Panthers (Pavel Bure) - Brian Leetch
46. Calgary Flames (Mike Bossy) - Jarome Iginla
47. New York Rangers (Maurice Richard) - Red Kelly
48. Winnipeg Jets (Dale Hawerchuk) - Cam Neely
49. New York Islanders (Denis Potvin) - Terry Sawchuk
50. Columbus Blue Jackets (Guy Lafleur) - On the Clock
51. Toronto Maple Leafs (Patrick Roy) -
52. Carolina Hurricanes (Ray Bourque) -
53. Dallas Stars (Doug Harvey) -
54. Edmonton Oilers (Bobby Hull) -
55. Vegas Golden Knights (Martin Brodeur) -
56. Pittsburgh Penguins (Ron Francis) -
57. Philadelphia Flyers (Bobby Clarke) -
58. Washington Capitals (Phil Esposito) -
59. Tampa Bay Lightning (Eddie Shore) -
60. Colorado Avalanche (Paul Coffey) -
61. St Louis Blues (Chris Pronger) -
62. Boston Bruins (Howie Morenz) -

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I'll vote off the board here with Pavel Datsyuk. Selke winning, offensive star.

4 Lady Byngs, 3 selkes, top 10 in scoring 3 times, best stick handler of all time, just a brilliant player to watch.

However, Syl Apps, Charlie Conacher and Brendan Shanahan are all solid picks.

Last edited:

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Voting:
I'll update this comment as each new vote comes in, but I can only count it if it's a single player vote (so not "Shore or Harvey" for example). If you're changing your vote later on, that's fine, just make a note of it. I apologize in advance if I am delayed in adding your vote, I am now working full-time so have much less free time on my hands

Pavel Datsyuk (1)- Mitch nylander
Cyclone Taylor (1)- Dreakmur
Frank Nighbor (1)- Lauro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sandvich's Best on the Board(tm):

C: Adam Oates, Frank Nighbor, Alex Delvecchio, Cyclone Taylor (C/D), Frank Boucher, Henri Richard, Syl Apps, Newsy Lalonde, Milt Schmidt
LW/RW: Brendan Shanahan, Ted Lindsay, Dit Clapper (RW/D), Bill Cook, Sergei Makarov, Valeri Kharlamov, Jari Kurri, Charlie Conacher, Bernie Geoffrion, Andy Bathgate, Dickie Moore
D: Brad Park, Slava Fetisov, Al MacInnis, Larry Murphy, Pierre Pilote, King Clancy, Tim Horton, Bill Gadsby, Sprague Cleghorn, Earl Seibert, Borje Salming
G: Ken Dryden, Glenn Hall, Frank Brimsek, Clint Benedict

Last edited:

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Any more votes? Surprised there's been so few, I figured you guys would participate more than boards like the Coyotes or Panthers

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Any more votes? Surprised there's been so few, I figured you guys would participate more than boards like the Coyotes or Panthers

It is a busy time with the draft and UFA. Would have been better to do this like any time in the past like 6 months, or a month from now, when there was/is a lot less to talk about.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Frank Nighbor is a better version of Datsyuk. Probably the number one defensive forward of all time.

Cyclone Taylor might be the best offensive player to play before Gordie Howe. I’d go with him.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
It is a busy time with the draft and UFA. Would have been better to do this like any time in the past like 6 months, or a month from now, when there was/is a lot less to talk about.

Yeah, draft and free agency's a good point. As for any time in the past 6 months...i started the first round on 3/20. i did not realize its been going for 6 months already

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Best remaining Center: Frank Nighbor
Best remaining Winger(s): Sergei Makarov / Bill Cook / Alexander Ovechkin
Best remaining D: Nicklas Lidström
After chosing a goalie in the first round I think we need a 1st line C now: Frank Nighbor.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Alright, I let this sit through the draft. Putting in the tiebreaker poll now. Poll will be active for 48 hrs

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Dave Keon was an even better two way center than Datsyuk.

Then there's King Clancy, Al MacInnis, Mats Sundin, Mike Gartner, Borje Salming, Syl Apps, Dave Keon, Doug Gilmour, Johnny Bucyk, Jean Ratelle, Brad Park ...

Sorry about my Leafs' bias.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad