GDT: NHL All-Star Skills Competition Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Good interview that Strombo did with Stamkos, Nash and Doughty. He would have been a good host for the draft.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
They made the breakaway challenge too gimmicky... someone mentioned they should scrap the skills comp all together and have the legends do it. That could be interesting..... have an all Legend team vs the legend team of the host city.

Lemieux, Gretzky, and Hasek versus Pascal Leclaire, Rostislav Klesla, and Gilbert Brule. Interesting.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
You know what I mean..... jerks. There are what, 3 or 4 teams in the league that would have a hard time putting together a legends team?

Ok, now convince half the players on the other teams to come back from europe, stop playing in the league they're playing in, stop doing their job such as coaching/GMing to play in a trivial all-star game.

Right.

HockeyGuy1975

May 22, 2009
Anyone else got a little dizzy watching that?

The only thing I wanted to watch was the breakaways. I have no idea who scored because it was impossible to see the puck with the dizzying camera work. I took a tylenol afterwards.

Stupidest camera work I've ever seen in hockey.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
So the game is advertised to start at 8 ET, which really means the first puck drop is at 8:45, right?

I thought the game started at 5 EST?

I enjoyed the Relay race and the shootout the best of all the events, but overall, I really liked the evening. It was fun, but that relay thing looks hard, especially getting the pucks in the smaller nets. It's a shame that the NHL and NBA promote the breakaway challenge and Slam dunk contests (respectively) the most when the best events are the shooting stars, 3 point shootout, and for hockey the relay challenge.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I thought the game started at 5 EST?

I enjoyed the Relay race and the shootout the best of all the events, but overall, I really liked the evening. It was fun, but that relay thing looks hard, especially getting the pucks in the smaller nets. It's a shame that the NHL and NBA promote the breakaway challenge and Slam dunk contests (respectively) the most when the best events are the shooting stars, 3 point shootout, and for hockey the relay challenge.

Oh, so it starts at 2 Pacific? Damn, I'm still at work by then. Anyway, I still think they first puck drop won't be until 45 minutes later...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm not sure if Jonathan Drouin would crack the top 3 of fastest Lightning players. It's safe to say that if Drouin clocked 13.1, Tyler Johnson, if healthy, would have slipped in under 13.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'm not sure if Jonathan Drouin would crack the top 3 of fastest Lightning players. It's safe to say that if Drouin clocked 13.1, Tyler Johnson, if healthy, would have slipped in under 13.
Well aren't you guys just a bunch of lucky little ***** then.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

Too bad for Hoffman's slip at the end. He had everyone beat easy. Well under 13 seconds.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Man, that was about a quarter BILLION dollars on the ice there!

Way more than that. You're looking at salary/cap hit. Weber and Ovechkin's total contracts combined are almost a quarter billion. Add in Giroux, Stamkos, Suter, Kane, Toews...and all that cash is guaranteed. Easily eclipses a billion.

Last edited:

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Who thought using these camera angles was a good idea?

Agreed I watched the NBC feed it was awful. It's fine using that chasing shot once in awhile or on replay but using it EVERY SINGLE TIME was just brutal, disorienting and you couldn't tell if the puck was in the net or not.

I facepalmed many many times during this event it was pretty cringeworthy.

Some stuff was frigging hilarious...Voracek riding Gaudreau in was the best shootout attempt ever. Ovechkin was entertaining in that event also even though he never came close to pulling his moves off.

Giroux catching that puck on his stick off the Kane toss was sweet too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad