GDT: NHL All-Star Skills Competition - Jan 25th - 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
The 2019 SAP NHL All-Star Skills™ will be televised on NBCSN in the U.S. and on Sportsnet, CBC and TVA Sports in Canada. All six events of the 2019 SAP NHL All-Star Skills™ will be individual competitions, with the winner of each event earning $25,000.

Contests:
• Bridgestone NHL Fastest Skater
• Enterprise NHL Premier Passer
• Ticketmaster NHL Save Streak
• Gatorade NHL Puck Control
• SAP NHL Hardest Shot
• Honda NHL Accuracy Shooting

Rosters:

Atlantic Division (All-Star appearance)

F Jack Eichel, BUF
F Nikita Kucherov, TBL
F Auston Matthews, TOR
F Jeff Skinner, BUF
F David Pastrnak, BOS
F Steven Stamkos, TBL
F John Tavares, TOR
D Thomas Chabot, OTT
D Keith Yandle, FLA
G Jimmy Howard, DET
G Andrei Vasilevskiy, TBL

Metropolitan Division (All-Star appearance)

F Sebastian Aho, CAR
F Cam Atkinson, CBJ
F Mathew Barzal, NYI
F Sidney Crosby, PIT
F Claude Giroux, PHI
F Kyle Palmieri, NJD
D John Carlson, WSH
D Seth Jones, CBJ
D Kris Letang, PIT ^
G Braden Holtby, WSH
G Henrik Lundqvist, NYR

Central Division (All-Star appearance)
F Patrick Kane, CHI (8th)
F Nathan MacKinnon, COL
F Ryan O'Reilly, STL
F Mikko Rantanen, COL
F Mark Scheifele, WPG
F Blake Wheeler, WPG
F Gabriel Landeskog, COL
D Miro Heiskanen, DAL
D Roman Josi, NSH
G Devan Dubnyk, MIN
G Pekka Rinne, NSH

Pacific Division (All-Star appearance)

F Johnny Gaudreau, CGY
F Clayton Keller, ARI
F Connor McDavid, EDM
F Joe Pavelski, SJS
F Elias Pettersson, VAN
F Leon Draisaitl, EDM
D Brent Burns, SJS
D Drew Doughty, LAK
D Erik Karlsson, SJS
G Marc-Andre Fleury, VGK
G John Gibson, ANA

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
I'm just here for the inevitable complaints from east coast fans about the start time. NHL has some nerve catering to west coast fans instead of having this start at 4pm Pacific

The time complaints are because this will not draw any TV ratings.

More people on the East Coast of the USA care about the NHL. Placing this where it is, means that it's going to be going on at 10-11 PM ET, when most people are out of the house, or asleep.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Why would that be interesting

ROR was supposed to become the next Captain of the Avs, leading them back to glory. Instead they gave the C to Landeskog before his second NHL season. The Avs have not won a playoff round since. The Landeskog-led Avs then made the lockerroom so uncomfortable for lifelong Avalanche Matt Duchene that Duchene asked for a trade.

We would've won with ROR as our Captain.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Anyone else realize the central is gonna be killed by the Pacific in 3 on 3? Lol it won't even be close. Even the goaltending is miles better.

It's now looking like MacKinnon won't even play as well. They're gonna be destroyed in 3 on 3

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
There’s a 2-1/2 hr all star game special on right now on sportsnet.

Basically just player interviews so far. I don’t know this was going to air.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
I love the idea of a skills competition and eagerly await it each year, but it always seems to become a snoozefest. I know it takes time to set up each competition and all, but man the NHL really knows how to drag things out.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
ROR was supposed to become the next Captain of the Avs, leading them back to glory. Instead they gave the C to Landeskog before his second NHL season. The Avs have not won a playoff round since. The Landeskog-led Avs then made the lockerroom so uncomfortable for lifelong Avalanche Matt Duchene that Duchene asked for a trade.

We would've won with ROR as our Captain.
Pardon the shit out of my French but when did they win a playoff round BEFORE Landeskog was captain?

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Pacific has been owning the all stars plus it's in SJ so it makes sense that start time caters to Western fans.

Plus it's a Friday, most don't have work the next day so idk what the problem is

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I kinda like it, puts meaning behind the all star game. literally no reason to watch its just not great hockey even with all those great players.
But that happened anyway.

The home field clearly wasn't enough of a motivating factor and the MLB ASG generally devolved into the same casual game it always was, and then it was forgotten about. Then, four months later, you're on the road against a team you had 15 more wins than in the biggest series of your life and you're like "oh f***, this is real now, why did we sign up for this??"

I don't wanna potentially rob a team of history for a game in the middle of the season that's going to end up boring anyway.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
But that happened anyway.

The home field clearly wasn't enough of a motivating factor and the MLB ASG generally devolved into the same casual game it always was, and then it was forgotten about. Then, four months later, you're on the road against a team you had 15 more wins than in the biggest series of your life and you're like "oh ****, this is real now, why did we sign up for this??"

I don't wanna potentially rob a team of history for a game in the middle of the season that's going to end up boring anyway.
you know what, I completely agree. and take back what I said before. I guess its just destined to be a boring game lol. too much goofing around in these games. would be nice to see real play. obviously guys arnt going to do bone crushing hits or anything to potentially injury guys. but they just give too much room all the time and the plays dont feel the same. it feels like NHL19 on each when each team has the puck. I stopped watching a few years ago, not sure if this division turny makes any difference or not. but Ill still prob skip watching it again lol. give watch the skills comp abit, I like the speed, slap shot challenges.

Reactions: Machinehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad