GDT: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Ya, what a shame they make millions and millions of dollars and have to do this thing once a season.

I've seen people dunk over a car, and their own dad, a teammate, and the players/announcers/people around it hype it up like it's god coming back to earth.

Anything the NHL tries is simply met with "man, that sucks, ruined my night" type of stick in the mud mentality.
These guys are pros. I wanna see them actually compete in a skills competition. Not shake their proverbial asses for the camera in this weird pageant the NHL had put on.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I'm just saying... This event was a reach anyways...

Making the biggest target the highest score absolutely killed any chance it had. Nobody even bothered going for the smaller ones.

If they made it where you could only hit a target once, that’d solve that problem.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I'm usually pretty gung-ho about the Skills Competition, but the NHL seems to find ways to ruin things. The only entertaining part was the hardest shot and skating.

In fairness, I can't handle the NBA skills comp. The 3 pt shot is the only legit thing IMO.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Things I learned from this skills competition:

Keith Tkachuk turned into the Michelin Man, Brett Hull is eighty years old, and Auston Matthews wears turtle necks and is a Justin Bieber fan.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Missed the first hour or so but the last event was great. The arch was terrible. They can tweak it and make next year a lot better. Maybe more floating targets.

Matthews would have scored 10 each shot tbh

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Man... Kane being in shoes while everybody else is in skates still doesn't help. Looked like a little kid looking up to Weber lol.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Haha, I want to do this, looks like fun. Just drink some beers and do that all day.

try Frolf. My hometown course had this 600 foot downhill hole.. bring some brews, some bud(s) and have yourself an afternoon launching frisbees into the distance. Not the same, I know, but the basic appeal feels similar.

Reactions: SlimCharles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad