GDT: NHL All-Star Game | Jan 26, 8pm ET │ NBC, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I hope one day these NHL guys find a more exciting way to promote the league.

The current all star format is too much of a show and the attempts to sell the league to the world are possibly too aggressive.

I mean just look at this. The golden boy, a car, a million dollars and the MPV award. Its easy to see that its all staged.

cut.jpg

You think it was rigged to let Crosby win? There’s no way the player of his generation could win a scrimmage by his own merits?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

The current all star format is too much of a show and the attempts to sell the league to the world are possibly too aggressive.

I mean just look at this. The golden boy, a car, a million dollars and the MPV award. Its easy to see that its all staged.

cut.jpg

How could they stage Crosby having the most points in the ASG? Really confused here.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018

cut.jpg

Outside of the MLB, which they have actual control over stopping a team from scoring so much due to pitching, every other major sports all star game is a ridiculous show just to show off their superstars.

Watch a NBA all star game once. The final score is 200-195.

All star games are basically so fans can watch the worlds best compete against each other.

I had fun watching it yesterday. Probably just because of all the goalies flopping around and there being a goal every minute.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Was anyone else surprised when Crosby won the "fan vote" MVP of the game?

Nope.

Where was Lundqvist on ballet?

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Yep Crosby scores goals and the goalie just watches! Like all things you don't know what you have until it's gone. Enjoy watching a true superstar and each period of such stars are unique as they play. Watch the players on the bench and they just marvel at his game. Believe me they know how good he really is.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Crosby was the only player in the ASG who sat out the skills competition. 1 day rest over other players.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I thought the Pacific was going to win for sure so I started Gibson in all my DFS stuff.

After about 2 minutes of the game, I was laughing with them all, also.
I lost it when the crowd started chanting "we want Fleury" you know the guy they were also booing the entire all star game lol

Reactions: Hockey4Lyfe

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Man even after a day to reflect, it was garbage.

Terrible venue/crowd (fans booing allstars lol); SJ/NHL promo team needs to be upgraded. Terrible games. Terrible skills comp.

I'm but a single fan, but never watching this format again. Anyone who thinks this weekend was a success needs to broaden their horizon.
So anyone who doesn't agree with you needs to broaden their horizons?

Are you familiar with the concept of irony?

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
So anyone who doesn't agree with you needs to broaden their horizons?

Are you familiar with the concept of irony?

Great that you enjoyed it, I just think you're in the minority. How many adults actually get excited for All-Star Weekend? I bet there are very few. I tried to watch this, but it was a stupid waste of time. I couldn't watch it, I just switched over to something else. Watching a random NBA game is more exciting. Watching the movie "Taken" for the 100th time is more exciting. Whatever, we all like different things and that's ok.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Great that you enjoyed it, I just think you're in the minority. How many adults actually get excited for All-Star Weekend? I bet there are very few. I tried to watch this, but it was a stupid waste of time. I couldn't watch it, I just switched over to something else. Watching a random NBA game is more exciting. Watching the movie "Taken" for the 100th time is more exciting. Whatever, we all like different things and that's ok.
I watched part of it, harmless fun. I don't get the need to denigrate other folks' taste. There isn't a right or wrong position here.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

cut.jpg

I agree its a big marketing ploy, but that's what all allstar games are now.

What's ridiculous is that the guy had a hell of an all-star game(s) and you feel the need to try and belittle that. He was the best, the best gets the MVP, that's how sports work.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
How many adults actually get excited for All-Star Weekend? .
I dont get "excited" for it but on the other I'm not going to dump all over it. Is the NBA all star weekend any better? No defense that involves guys just shooting 3's and alley ooping for three hours. Oh, how about the pro bowl? Not much to write home about either. O-Line's and D-Line's really dont do much but stand up dont put much effort in while some QB' bombs if 50-70 yards down the field.

Dont like it, dont watch it, not sure why people ***** about the all star game year after year. Go out, see the world

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Damn Crosby walks away with 90k and a new im guessing 30-40 thousand dollar car. Not bad for one days work. The rich get richer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad