GDT: NHL All-Star Draft 2015: Toews vs. Foligno Part 2 [mod warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malinator

Feb 13, 2012
People are saying Kessel is being bullied? Seems more like ball busting, a lot of these guys know each other and none of it seemed malicious. Also I really don't think any of those guys care about being picked last. They are top notch athletes not the fat kid that always gets picked last in dodge ball.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
...The entire event was cringe worthy aside from the banter between the two selection groups. That and the trade I guess. Meh.

Yeah that has to be the most awkward, surreal event I've ever watched on TV. And I was glued to every minute of it. This will sound ridiculous but the players took control and ruined the entire thing! :laugh:

The disconnect between the host and players was odd, Doughty ignoring them was almost over the edge. This draft was hilarious it was impossible to stay organized. You could see the studio scrambling to stay on time and guide the players, they barely pulled it off.

Ovi took his bit acting annoyed to be there and almost refusing to get to the stage right to the limit, that got weird. Holding up Taresenko to take pictures was far out too, again just things that aren't expected to happen.

"Cringe worthy" was Doughty choosing Shattenkirk for his hair, that was down right mean. I stared at his hair and head after that, every single viewer probably did too. May be I'm overly sensitive but I felt an uncomfortable vibe there for a few draft choices after.

Getzlaff never heard of Girgensons...um OK. Interesting how less respected Nugent-Hopkins is compared to Giroux, Stamkos, or Kopitar, etc.

MadFerIt95*

I went to the 76ers game and now wish I had watched this instead lol

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
This.

I'm surprised so many people think he wanted the car. I can guarantee he was just trying to be a good dude and keep someone from feeling shame over being picked last.

I'm thinking some car company is giving him an endorsement any second now.

Doesn't the MVP win a car too? Maybe he should try for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad