HAPPY BIRTHDAY! NHL 94, March 20th, 20 Years!!!

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I use to rent NHL93 from the corner store!!!

Slight correction, the 93 version was NHLPA 93. Back then the players rights and league rights were seperate. So NHLPA 93 had the players names but didn't have the real team names or logos. Stanley Cup hockey for the SNES had the team names but no player names.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
That game will forever be a classic.
I always used the Jets & Selanne could fill the net.

Roenick however could score from anywhere. :laugh:

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
That game will forever be a classic.
I always used the Jets & Selanne could fill the net.

Roenick however could score from anywhere. :laugh:
Wow, that game was VERY unrealistic ;)

I always played as my Jets, Teemu kicked so much ass on the ice wearing the White, Blue, and Red.

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
What I love about the early to mid 90's EA NHL games... The wrap around always worked when you were desperate to score a goal. lol!

It made my friend so mad that when I came over to his place he had a let's only play Madden rule at his house for the rest of the year. lol

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
My favorite was the one that had Anaheim in it. I used to play with them and was killer with Terry Yake. I believe Lonny Bohonos played there and I cant remember the rest of the players... Randy Ladoceur I think was my #1 defenseman and Ron Tugnutt or maybe it was Hebert was the #1 goalie then. Anyways it was a great game, when my cousin came over we played that like crazy. NHL93 was good but 94 took it to a new level. I think the fault with NHL93 was that the Senators were awful and some players like Ken Paynter had a 4 rating. whereas players from NHL94 ranged at minimum 45

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
What I love about the early to mid 90's EA NHL games... The wrap around always worked when you were desperate to score a goal. lol!

It made my friend so mad that when I came over to his place he had a let's only play Madden rule at his house for the rest of the year. lol

That or cutting across at the hashmark and ripping a slapshot. Easy goal.

NHL 94 was great, but NHLPA '93 was the first video game I ever owned, and thus has a special place in my heart. Wicked game, I remember it got the other kids on my block into hockey.

@Burmistrov08, Shawn Chambers on the Lightning was rated 1 overall. Funny, since he actually was a decent player back in the day.

EvilCoop

What year is it?
Nov 29, 2011
The Black Lodge
NHLPA '93 didn't have the one timer or team names, but it did have blood and fighting, that was pretty cool. It's also harder to rip across the hashmark than in 94, so it's more challenging.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Yep, it was NHLPA 93 for the genesis that was the hockey game of my childhood as well.

Interestingly the wrap-around sure goal didn't work in the genesis version, as a kid my friends with SNES's would complain about it and I'd get all confused. :)

EvilCoop

What year is it?
Nov 29, 2011
The Black Lodge
Anyone else play the sega cd version? It's like the Genesis version but with better sound and FMV thrown in. I generally like it and so I play it when I'm not playing a modded Genesis version (I have a flashcart for my Genesis).

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I used to love Al Iafrate's slap shot in NHL94! We used to play that you couldn't score on wrap arounds, could only deke goalie on the breakaway beep, and we'd mostly score using slapshots and the ever effective one timer. This game was a beauty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->