NHL 23 Franchise mode

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Why is it so broken? When I try to tank the first two seasons, to get a goodstart with high draft picks, I not only reach the playoffs, I win two rounds.

80 rated goalies, 76-82 rated defencemen and most forwards just above 80 down to 75.

Then 5 years later with an absolutely stacked roster, where the bottom-6 is made up from two-way forwards and grinders, and the top-6 are 87-93 rated snipers, playmakers and powerforwards. Defence rating: lowest at 83 and highest two guys at 92 & 93.

Goalies 89 & 84

I end up with 37 wins.

What in the f*** is this garbage?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BerthMania

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Why is it so broken? Whfn I try to tank tje first two seasons, to get a goodstart with high draft picks, I not only reach the playoffs, I win two rounds.

80 rated goalies, 76-82 rated defencemen and most forwards just above 80 down to 75.

Then 5 years later with an absolutely stacked roster, where the bottom-6 is made up from two-way forwards and grinders, and the top-6 are 87-93 rated snipers, playmakers and powerforwards. Defence rating: lowest at 83 and highest two guys at 92 & 93.

Goalies 89 & 84

I end up with 37 wins.

What in the f*** is this garbage?

Yea I have had a hard time playing franchise mode because it feels so wrong.

Weird things happen in the NHL but it really feels bad when constantly your bad teams do well and your good teams do poorly.

I haven't figured out what actually makes the sim work

I've heard roles are the most important but I've had bad seasons were the roles were fine for the players (and vice versa)

I've heard chemistry is important from some and not important at all from others

I've heard coach is the most important sometimes - and not for chemistry just his overall.

Anyways I really don't know how the sim works

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
What settings are you guys playing on? Sliders and everything? I've found that on the hardest level, I've had to slightly tweak some sliders to make it competitive.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Which setting affect sim realism?

The game is absolutely not a "sim", it hasn't been designed to be a sim and people playing it wanting to use it to sim are not going to be happy with the results, at all.

This is a video game designed wit the full intention that you will play the games, not sim them.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
The game is absolutely not a "sim", it hasn't been designed to be a sim and people playing it wanting to use it to sim are not going to be happy with the results, at all.

This is a video game designed wit the full intention that you will play the games, not sim them.
You can sim games, therefore it is per definition part simulation. It might be totally shit, but it's still simulating games. I want to know which settings sffect the simulation, which was what my response was about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad