NHL 22 Wishlist

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Also the catch up logic in EA is insanely frustrating I love how they say its not a thing, I even proved it.

I played on rookie. Scored 40 goals. They couldn't even get the puck. But on one play, in the third, they s ore one goal, have you not noticed the A.I go god mode in the third for 5 seconds making 30 tape to tape perfect passes and score almost every 3rd period regardless of the score its a joke.

Also, how is it that if I'm flying up the wing with Hall, a third pairing D man can catch me and skate faster? Its stupid. Same issues as every year. They fix a few things and call it a game but there is so much more to fix.

In the corners hoe do you even win a puck battle? I stick lift them and I get stick lifted, even if we fight 3 times they come out with it 99% of the time. What a joke.

Another thing, I have videos of all this stuff too, how is it I can completely LEVEL a guy and skate to the puck but by the time I get there he is already up and ahead of me grabbing the puck that is IMPOSSIBLE EA.

Also the nudging my God guys the nudging they simply touch me and I'm 50% slower, you hit them and they go FASTER.

It's deep in the game how it is broken, we need a complete tear down, overalls have to mean something you can't be having 79s giving an issue to 89s in speed. Its a joke.

Anyways end rant I could go on for days, I love hockey so I buy it every year but they really give zero *****.

All of that. Fixed would be nice.

No trade clauses, modified no trade clauses, submit list of teams.

I cannot state this enough...OVERALLS THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. Stop with this 75 defenseman catching a 90 overall forward.

Gm connected online.

Stop making the computer god, 95% passing? Score 4 goals on 6 shots? It's a joke. Its not fun if its not earned and this is your hilariously underwhelming way to make the game "competitive". Also the HUT prices if you want to buy cards are INSANE. Should be ashamed asking for so much.

Stop being punished for laying someone out, you lay someone out doesn't matter 95% of the time the puck magically goes to another person on their team without a pass, if you hit someone in almost mid shot its over 50% of the time a goal, you get punished for being aggressive and thats not how it should be thats just a different way to play the game none better than the other.

Anyways end rant.

This stuff irritates me so much too, and it has been there for YEARS.

I have to be a perimeter player because if I get remotely close to a CPU player they take the puck like I handed it to them even if they are headed in the wrong direction. They accelerate from 0-100 in .1 second if I have the puck open in the slot and flatten me.. so many times I'm in the clear and winding up but can't shoot when they are trailing me from behind and suddenly they catch up and take the puck too.. these are fundamental problems because they break immersion.. it would be better if the game was too easy but consistent than having it cheat constantly. As you said too, I can be on a speedy player breaking down the wing and slower 3rd pairing defensemen can turn and catch me when I have 2-3 steps on them.. its stupid.

This is why I buy every few years now and never pay full price.

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
They've had the European teams in this game for decades and the CHL/AHL/ECHL more recently yet you still cannot start a GM mode in these leagues with their actual rules.

You wanna talk about replayability? Let's talk about recruiting top teenagers for your OHL squad and trying to win the Memorial Cup, as well as managing the WJCs. Let's talk about playing as a top Swiss or Sweden club and having to deal with your best players signing in the NHL. Now those would be fun challenges.

And while we're at it, add the NCAA div. 1 teams too so we can manage them

And as others have said, bring in the World Cup, too.
I’ve wanted this for a decade.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
1. The ability to terminate contracts of a player in the game if he has an unpopular political opinion or said something insensitive to another player. A social justice score/attribute?
2. Complete virtual concessions stand management - foot longs or regular hotdogs? Water down the soda? etc.
3. Create-A-Mascot Mode
4. World Hockey Association (WHA) franchises. Go for the AVCO cup!
5. Be a Pro Mode starts at age 6

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
1. The ability to terminate contracts of a player in the game if he has an unpopular political opinion or said something insensitive to another player. A social justice score/attribute?
2. Complete virtual concessions stand management - foot longs or regular hotdogs? Water down the soda? etc.
3. Create-A-Mascot Mode
4. World Hockey Association (WHA) franchises. Go for the AVCO cup!
5. Be a Pro Mode starts at age 6
Vegas sets the odds they do at least 1 of these at -500.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Stop AI cheating for f*** sakes. It's been in the game for so long you can see when it's about to happen. We used to call it ice tilt, but it's AI intervention and it makes the game look broken.
When their backwards Coburn outpaces my fresh Panarin on a speed burst, you know something is wrong. Let’s not even go into the fluke five-hole softies along the ice from the circles.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

GrizzGreen

Oct 16, 2017
Laguna
When their backwards Coburn outpaces my fresh Panarin on a speed burst, you know something is wrong. Let’s not even go into the fluke five-hole softies along the ice from the circles.
Coburn coached my spring league mite team leading me to a storied 4th line Jr A career, find a new slant :sarcasm:

Reactions: CasusBelli

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
I know it's a pipe dream but I'd like to see real life NCAA players in the draft pool. If they still can't use real names yet do it the way the NCAA football games did it. Owen Power would simply be Michigan LD #22 for example, and have the option to rename him.

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
Roster sharing
Goalie mask creator
More vintage equipment
No helmet option
Vintage goalie masks or no mask option for created goalies
More vintage jerseys
Revamped Create a team mode (including ability to import logos, vintage arenas, minor league arenas etc)
"None" option for play by play name
New menus (PS2 generation had the best NHL menus IMO. Much more alive and colorful than current and last gen).

It blows me away that they can't do something as simple as that.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I would love new play by play.

Maybe EA brings back Jim Hughson or Gary Thorne in the future. Both were much better than than the garbage we have now.

Since NBC has a contract going I doubt it happens anytime soon though.
The first year with Doc and Eddie was cool, but it got very annoying quickly. The guy they have now... I don't even want to get started. I would really like to have Hughson back doing it

hanshin44

Mar 17, 2017
All I really want is better jersey customization, full control over season/tournament mode, GM mode in non-NHL leagues, an authentic IIHF license, and better detailing across European leagues (advertising on ice, real arena names, better modeled arenas and players, ect).
Hell, I'd even settle for just including the KHL!

hanshin44

Mar 17, 2017
I had this same issue too, but after messing around with the settings on offline, I made it workable/semi-decent. Attributes reflected properly and so forth.
Pro is too easy and All-Star is too hard. AI is just plain stupid so EA tries to make them look smart by giving them the advantage.

Reactions: CasusBelli

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC

Maybe EA brings back Jim Hughson or Gary Thorne in the future. Both were much better than than the garbage we have now.

I think it actually might be interesting to see what happens because NBC Sports will cease to exist this year, no?

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Defensemen can’t play defense anymore. If I tap the rb button it’s an instant penalty. Pucks go right through sticks even if you have defensive awareness perks on etc. garbage.

It’s crazy how a decade goes by and the game that came out then is superior to this shit

Reactions: Burkeocet

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012

Maybe Snoop will come on full-time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->