GDT: NHL 2024 Draft Lottery: Tuesday, May 7th, 6:30 pm | ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, Fubo (live stream with free trial) (Habs pick 5th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
MOD edit: Teams can move up maximum of 10 spots. It's a count down of all 16 teams that missed playoffs.

Current Draft Order:

16. St. Louis Blues
15. Detroit Red Wings
14. Pittsburgh Penguins (SJS own this pick due to Karlsson trade)
13. Minnesota Wild
12. Philadelphia Flyers
11. Buffalo Sabres
10. New Jersey Devils
9. Calgary Flames
8. Seattle Kraken
7. Ottawa Senators
6. Utah Hockey Club
5. Montreal Canadiens
4. Columbus Blue Jackets
3. Anaheim Ducks
2. Chicago Blackhawks
1. San Jose Sharks

Just excited about the Celebrini sweepstakes. T-minus 3 days until we find out!

I have this horrible gut feeling Chicago or Utah wins 1st Ov.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
We're going to need it, so here goes.

LUrl1fP.gif
I hope you don't hate him because he is j ...
... because he is juvenile and attractive, lol.

• Wow
Reactions: Runner77

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I work in a hospital lmao I'd be told to go upstairs
@Habaneros hurry! Find him another plan!

You want a " back up" plan ? Start car /truck , put in reverse push gas pedal and
back into a tree.....should be a day off , can't make it into work ..his boss will understand ..accelerator stuck to floor happens all the time....

Or

Put some fine ground pepper in a small pill bottle...and take it to work ...Around 1.30\ 2 pm start sniffing the jar of pepper
with the lid off....he will be sneezing like crazy..coworkers at the hospital will hear it ...then start coughing over and over..for about 10 minutes....
I would say you will be sent home pretty quickly.......

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
MOD edit: Teams can move up maximum of 10 spots. It's a count down of all 16 teams that missed playoffs.

Current Draft Order:

16. St. Louis Blues
15. Detroit Red Wings
13. Minnesota Wild
12. Philadelphia Flyers
11. Buffalo Sabres
10. New Jersey Devils
9. Calgary Flames
8. Seattle Kraken
7. Ottawa Senators
6. Utah Hockey Club
5. Montreal Canadiens
4. Columbus Blue Jackets
3. Anaheim Ducks
2. Chicago Blackhawks
1. San Jose Sharks

Just excited about the Celebrini sweepstakes. T-minus 3 days until we find out!

I have this horrible gut feeling Chicago or Utah wins 1st Ov.
So if anyone wins ahead of us it better be St. Louis.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How many people who come across as knowing everything about Demidov have seen him play one full game? So many on here are raving about a player they have never seen play other than a few highlights.
I am not saying he isn't a future star but I haven't seen him play at all.

I have 16 vids, 15 of them are just about shift to shift, I highly recommend checking them out, he is insanely skilled and so much fun to watch.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
How to follow the reveal ?

We pray that the order below is respected (revealed). From spot #16 (revealed first) to #8, if 2 teams that don't follow the order, then Habs is certain to pick 7th, a drop of 2 spots. If one team isn't revealed in this order, then there's a big chance that Habs will pick 6th although we still have a chance to win #1 or #2.

16. St. Louis Blues
15. Detroit Red Wings
13. Minnesota Wild
12. Philadelphia Flyers
11. Buffalo Sabres
10. New Jersey Devils
9. Calgary Flames
8. Seattle Kraken
--------------------------------------
7. Ottawa Senators
If the order is respected till here, then thing starts to get more interesting. 3 possible choices: Ottawa, Utah and Montreal. Of course, we wish Ottawa is revealed. If not, then it means Ottawa wins.
6. Utah
3 possible choices: Utah, Montreal and Columbus. If Columbus is revealed, then Utah and Montreal win the lottery (either #1 or #2).
5. Montreal Canadiens
Pray hard that it's not Montreal that is revealed. Let's hope it's Columbus or Anaheim. If it's Anaheim, then that means Montreal and Columbus win the lottery.
4. Columbus Blue Jackets
3. Anaheim Ducks
2. Chicago Blackhawks
1. San Jose Sharks

Note that the team that wins #1 is revealed before the #2.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
How many people who come across as knowing everything about Demidov have seen him play one full game? So many on here are raving about a player they have never seen play other than a few highlights.
I am not saying he isn't a future star but I haven't seen him play at all.
The MHL is one of the easiest junior hockey league to watch as they are streamed live on youtube and then the complete games are posted on the MHL channel.

Reactions: Leto and HabbyGuy

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I haven't touched the lottery simulator since the end of the season when we finished fifth officially. I pressed the button, we got first overall...

I'm not touching it again.
Good luck with that, I did the same thing and hit MTL first try.

Not a chance Montreal wins again.

They will happily draft anywhere but and I believe Hughes will make another great decision come draft time.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Top 5 is important if we REALLY want Lindstrom.

Otherwise at 6-7 all of Catton, Iginla and Sennecke will probably still be available, which is pretty damn good.
They’ll go D if the top 5 are mainly forwards. There’s just too many Ds out there this year. They won’t pass up on a Buium or especially Levshunov. Even Dickinson at that.

Last edited:

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
They’ll go D if the top 5 are mainly forwards. There’s just too many Ds out there this year. They won’t pass up on a Buium or especially Levshunov. Even Dickinson at that.
Exactly.. there are only three forwards the Habs will draft - Celli/Lindstrom/Demidov

If they are all gone, then D is the right decision, bc 1 of: Levshunov/Buium/Dickinson/Parekh/Silayev is better than the next tier of forwards. That takes it to #9 so we will at least have decent choice on three remaing picks (worst case scenario).

What Im really hoping for is Hugo to go after Eiserman if he is avail #12/13 where we send a D prospect (or Harris type of thing) and WPG1st to move up.

Reactions: Habs7631
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad