GDT: NHL 2024 Draft Lottery: Tuesday, May 7th, 6:30 pm | ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, Fubo (live stream with free trial) (Habs pick 5th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
MOD edit: Teams can move up maximum of 10 spots. It's a count down of all 16 teams that missed playoffs.

Current Draft Order:

16. St. Louis Blues
15. Detroit Red Wings
14. Pittsburgh Penguins (SJS own this pick due to Karlsson trade)
13. Minnesota Wild
12. Philadelphia Flyers
11. Buffalo Sabres
10. New Jersey Devils
9. Calgary Flames
8. Seattle Kraken
7. Ottawa Senators
6. Utah Hockey Club
5. Montreal Canadiens
4. Columbus Blue Jackets
3. Anaheim Ducks
2. Chicago Blackhawks
1. San Jose Sharks

Just excited about the Celebrini sweepstakes. T-minus 3 days until we find out!

I have this horrible gut feeling Chicago or Utah wins 1st Ov.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Dach and Arbs are no different, so do we trade them too? They are broken, busted and fragile

Well one of the reason Dach was made available in the first place was his lack of durability.
Xhekaj has durability issues as well although not too surprising with his style of play.
And I am not saying we need to trade them. Unless the right offers comes, I wouldn't.

Reactions: themilosh and Habs

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Hmmm….

Attachments

• IMG_2525.png
    IMG_2525.png
    727.5 KB · Views: 2

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Nah, Matthews and Marner just don't have another gear.

Nylander is a baller and that's why there's never questions of him producing when it counts.

Marner is a wallflower.

There's certain things you can't teach, and teaching someone to not be perimeter, to go up another level, to do things when it's tough to do so, just isn't one.. it's an innate quality.

Agreed about Nylander.

I've grown to appreciate him over the last few years. I have no question marks about him when it comes to the playoffs.

Reactions: KFlint

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Dropping to 7th would seemingly be a disaster. Obviously we’d all be pissed. On the bright side though, this may be the most unpredictable top 10 ever. A scout was quoted as saying in his 35 years of working around the draft and talking to teams, he has never seen as much variation in top of the draft rankings as this year.

We could technically drop to 7 and still come away with a Lindstrom, Catton or Iginla..especially if the teams ahead of us are enamoured with the plethora of top defensemen.
The scouts are all lying. :laugh:
It's fake. They don't do the lottery until 90 minutes before the show. It hasn't been done yet. It should start 5 pm-ish.
The fix is in conspiracy theory would run rampant if this ever came off.
The NHL would never live it down.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Well, my thing tonight that was stopping me from watching the draw was cancelled!

Lets all watch this board die under the load tonight! :popcorn:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Ooh, maths, fun!

Both events (1st and 2nd lottery) are not independent because once SJS wins the 1st spot, they can't win the 2nd spot.
P(A and B) = P(A)*P(B|A) i.e. the probability of A times the probability of "B happening if A has occurred".

I think that translates to 25.5% * 7.7%/(100%-25.5%) = 2.636%
Okay now tell me about that Calgary pick. :sarcasm:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The tin foil hats will surely be coming out if Daly flips over the 6th pick card and it's the Habs logo (which I expect) and Utah moves up.

Daly: The 6th pick in the 2024 NHL draft belongs to............. The Montreal Canadiens.

Take cover NHL. :)

Reactions: Whitesnake

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Just for information regarding the NHL draft lottery the image circulating at the moment is that of a rehearsal. The official drawing takes place at 5:45 p.m. ET, and the broadcast takes place at 6:30 p.m. ET. » - David Pagnotta

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
The tin foil hats will surely be coming out if Daly flips over the 6th pick card and it's the Habs logo (which I expect) and Utah moves up.

Daly: The 6th pick in the 2024 NHL draft belongs to............. The Montreal Canadiens.

Take cover NHL. :)

1. Chicago
2. Utah

it's inevitable

Reactions: cphabs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad