News Article: NHL 2021 season update: Schedule, divisions, playoff format, COVID-19 protocols and more

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Wow a whopping 3 major teams and a couple others in leagues nobody cares about with the shirt sponsor fly emirates. Got it. Some of you guys need to get out more (post covid)

What does not liking ads on jerseys have to do with "getting out more"? Let me answer that one for you: nothing.

The league’s economic model is a shambles, they can’t make any money off fans. Their buildings sit empty.

I’m not going to cry about owners recouping a few pennies on uniform ads.

Ps- Soccer is a great sport.

It's possible to havie an opinion without "crying", but if you want to label it as such, you're crying about people crying. What's worse, the fool or the fool who follows him?

P.S. Soccer sucks

I look at it as growth for the league for me to watch more of. And to continue to take strides in growing in places where it's less popular.

Doesn't matter how many ads they slap on the uniforms, hockey is never gonna be a thing in Alabama or Nebraska.

Reactions: KINGS17

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The league’s economic model is a shambles, they can’t make any money off fans. Their buildings sit empty.

I’m not going to cry about owners recouping a few pennies on uniform ads.

Ps- Soccer is a great sport.

Because we all want this...
oilers-sign-joel-persson.jpg

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
Sorry, my use of the word “crying” was too much and not well thought out.

I’m just willing to be accommodating for a few new revenue streams given how messed up the business model is right now.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
What does not liking ads on jerseys have to do with "getting out more"? Let me answer that one for you: nothing.

It's possible to havie an opinion without "crying", but if you want to label it as such, you're crying about people crying. What's worse, the fool or the fool who follows him?

P.S. Soccer sucks

Doesn't matter how many ads they slap on the uniforms, hockey is never gonna be a thing in Alabama or Nebraska.

Well, Alabama did have the Birmingham Bulls for a while, and it doesn't appear to have been a thing.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I will never buy Kings gear with corporate logos. The games in Europe are unwatchable with all the adds everywhere.

The 'owners' are worth over a hundred billion dollars collectively. They could run the league for a year with money from their couch cushions, the greedy bastards. Those leeches have made damn near a tril since covid started too boot so count me in the never accept ads on my sports team jerseys camp.
I am not going to criticize the owners for being wealthy. However, I will criticize them for not serving their customers well. Fans don't want to see ads plastered all over the uniforms, because it makes the game less appealing aesthetically. Serve the fans what they want, and no I don't care if the ads mean the players can add a few million to the salary cap. If the NHLPA wants every player to make tens of millions every season, then they should teach them how to hit a ball with a bat, or throw a ball 100 mph.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Surely ads on jerseys and equipment will mean cheaper tickets to live events and lower costs at the arena, right? Oh, no? Just the rich getting richer? Oh, okay, cool, I'll just continue to f*** myself, thanks.

it will trickle down one day! annnny day now...

edit: woops you literally made the same joke

Reactions: Lt Dan

ricardfromage

"You wanted the Germs, you get em"
Mar 5, 2020
paradise
A player I know was telling me this opinion last night. Basically he told me that he had been approached by Disney regarding a personal sponsorship in which he would be on posters in Disney attire (whatever that is) and have a speaking role in a coming hockey movie. He declined the offer (which was for a pretty good amount of money) due to the fact that Disney had a bunch of their employees arrested for pedophilia not too long ago and he didn't want to be associated with them as a result.

His complaint regarding helmet advertising is that now Disney could buy that sponsorship deal and have their logo on this players helmet and he wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Better still why not let the owners of the teams put stickers on opponents helmets that say "I suck" or "GO KINGS GO" etc. I don't think it would put a dent in Philco's wallet or any of the other owners either. I get his point and agree with it. The NHL should let the teams sell the sponsorship if they do it at all.

Oh and when I worked in eu the number of stickers on those guys (every league) jersey's helmets and pants are ridiculous. Ruins the look of the team without question.

Reactions: KINGS17

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
I want the Kings to get that Russian sponsor, that Team Russia had...looked like an avery label qaulity! lol.

TOY.RU Friggin sweet. Is that like the Toys R Us of Russia??

Reactions: ricardfromage

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Nic Dowd says hi. It akways starts somewhere.

And growing the financial viability and popularity of the sport can impact it on a global level.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Can someone tell me where I’ll be able to stream the Kings games. I have Hulu live but they recently dropped Sinclair which has fox sports. I don’t want to drop Hulu live. Is there any way to pay for a streaming service to watch the kings that won’t cost 50+ bucks a month?

Reactions: DoktorJeep

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
With the way the schedule is setup, there could be a good chance of bad blood brewing playing so many of the teams in close together.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Can someone tell me where I’ll be able to stream the Kings games. I have Hulu live but they recently dropped Sinclair which has fox sports. I don’t want to drop Hulu live. Is there any way to pay for a streaming service to watch the kings that won’t cost 50+ bucks a month?

Afaik for Socal, you’re stuck with cable, satellite or Fubo, Sling or ATT for streaming

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Sorry to be the pigeon of bad news
stonerbird.jpg

but,

The only current option is AT&T for $80 a month

Suppose... you could design your perfect TV service

upload_2020-12-29_14-18-6.png

They have burned over every bridge.

One would assume with basketball and hockey returning that they should get their act together, but that is asking a lot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad