NHL 2018 Re-Draft! (First Round)

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
1. Alexander Alexeyev (the first round's only true "A" prospect)
2. Nicolas Beaudin
3. Jacob Bernard-Docker
4. Dominik Bokk
5. Adam Boqvist
6. Evan Bouchard
7. Rasmus Dahlin
8. Ty Dellandrea
9. Grigori Denisenko
10. Noah Dobson
11. Joel Farabee
12. Liam Foudy
13. Barrett Hayton
14. Quinn Hughes
15. Filip Johansson
16. Martin Kaut
17. Jesperi Kotkaniemi
18. Vitali Kravtsov
19. Ramus Kupari
20. Isac Lundestrom
21. Nils Lundvist (#20 and #21 were the closest two prospect. All the way to the fifth letter before one of them pulled ahead)
22. Ryan Merkley
23. K'Andre Miller
24. Jay O'Brien
25. Rasmus Sandin
26. Ty Smith
27. Andrei Sveshnikov
28. Brady Tkachuk
29. Joseph Veleno
30. Oliver Wahlstrom
31. Filip Zadina

What insanity is this? Did you just pick the names out of a hat or something?

Abraham de Lacy

Waking the thread up if you don't mind :)

It was said at the time that this was a deep draft and now less than a year later, this seems to be the case.

Kotkaniemi !!

Dahlin has been more or less as advertised with Tkachuk and Sveshnikov continuing that trend.

The future of hockey is looking bright in my eyes. Scouting is always going to get better. In hindsight I'd take:

1 Dahlin
2 Kotkaniemi
3 Tkachuk

Beyond that I don't know. Lot's of players that might have impact.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
I still can't believe Veleno fell so much. I was asking myself that question constantly during the draft, and I'm still asking it now.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I still can't believe Veleno fell so much. I was asking myself that question constantly during the draft, and I'm still asking it now.

My guess is many viewed him as a tweener 2nd/3rd line guy and felt whoever they picked had higher potential. I am guessing alot of people will regret their choices

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
When Calgary drafted Matthew I was skeptical, but I sure regret that, he's turned out pretty damn awesome and I'm sure Brady will follow suit.

Yeah, I'd move Brady up to 2 here. I was skeptical of his offensive upside before the draft, but he's put those doubts to rest. Guys who bring what the Tkachuk bros do are so rare. It's hard enough to find forwards who've got that physical edge that merely don't look out of place on a scoring line, much less ones who are legitimate top line players, as Matthew is and Brady is on his way to becoming.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Yeah, I'd move Brady up to 2 here. I was skeptical of his offensive upside before the draft, but he's put those doubts to rest. Guys who bring what the Tkachuk bros do are so rare. It's hard enough to find forwards who've got that physical edge that merely don't look out of place on a scoring line, much less ones who are legitimate top line players, as Matthew is and Brady is on his way to becoming.

Depends on what your team needs are. The Habs needed a big centre who can drive the offence, therefore I would take Kotkaniemi at 2 or 3 max in this draft. Centres generally have more value than wingers, especially if they project to have the same point totals more or less. I still wouldn't draft Tkachuk before him. Having said that, now that we do have that player in Kotkaniemi, I would have no reservations about taking a Tkachuk type player at 2 or 3. I can see a team that already has those centres in place taking Tkachuk before.

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
I think Svech will be the best forward from this draft long term. His game is going to take a bit longer to develop but I have no doubts that his skill level is higher than the other forwards.

Reactions: MisterT

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Romanov would be a top 15 pick if this draft was redone today. Habs got a steal there

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Romanov would be a top 15 pick if this draft was redone today. Habs got a steal there

Highly doubt any of the top 15 picks would change theirs for him. Ty Smith and Joe Veleno are 2 outside the top 15 that would probably make their way in first

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016
1.Dahlin
2.Kotkaniemi
3.Svechnikov
4.Tkachuk
5.Hughes
6.Kravtsov
7.Denisenko
8.Zadina
9.Hayton
10.Boqvist
11.Dobson
12.Kupari
13.Smith
14.Romanov
15.Bouchard
16.Wahlstrom
17.Sandin
18.Alexeyev
19.Merkley
20.Lundestrom
21.Farabee
22.Noel
23.Veleno
24.Bokk
25.Kaut
26.Foudy
27.Miller
28.Wilde
29.Thomas
30.Dellandrea
31.Lundkvist

Last edited:

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I just wanna thank the Rangers once again for Dobson and Wahlstrom :thumbu:
Kravstov is a great young player. Time is showing us they made the right call.

That said, Wahlstrom and Dobson (particularly the latter) are also looking good. Can't both sides be happy?

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
No offense, but bumbers kike that are not out of the norm for a dman from the q. Most dmen drafted in any early round will have numbers like that.

What about starting 15-0 on your new team.? Not all him obviously but that’s craZy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->