Prospect Info: NHL 2017 Entry Draft - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
I would love Salo. His skating isn't as good. But solid pick in the 2nd round.

i was trying to figure out why he wasn't rated higher a while back and never figured it out. then i saw this and was pretty floored. he always looked really solid to me. his game will translate well i think. his IQ is high, defensive positioning is strong and he can move the puck. more than makes up for the slight knock on his skating imo.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
i was trying to figure out why he wasn't rated higher a while back and never figured it out. then i saw this and was pretty floored. he always looked really solid to me. his game will translate well i think. his IQ is high, defensive positioning is strong and he can move the puck. more than makes up for the slight knock on his skating imo.

Skating is a big thing for dmen in todays NHL. It's so crucial to be able to compete well enough. But I do think guys can improve their skating. It's all about whether you can pick out which guys have the drive to improve because honestly it takes a tonne of work to be able to get better in that area of your game.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
Skating is a big thing for dmen in todays NHL. It's so crucial to be able to compete well enough. But I do think guys can improve their skating. It's all about whether you can pick out which guys have the drive to improve because honestly it takes a tonne of work to be able to get better in that area of your game.

that's true. now that i think of it the jets seem to weigh skating pretty heavily when choosing Dmen so he may not even be on their radar. sure hope he is though.

definitely not a bad thing but i'd like to see them lean towards high IQ guys more in the future

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Which of the prospects that could fall around our 13th pick has been most improved over the past year or two? Jets seem to like those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad