Prospect Info: NHL 2017 Entry Draft - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Stumbled upon this Beyak interview. http://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-12...he-stage-the-better-he-seemed-to-get-1.738761

When asked if the Jets still have the 12 pick after the lottery will they consider trading it, Beyak replies "They might" and then goes on to hype Rasmussen for 30 seconds and says "if he was there they'd have to take a long hard look at him".

:puppy:

I wonder if he is saying that based on some inside knowledge. Otherwise it's very odd for Beyak to randomly hype him out of all the prospects that might be there mid 1st round.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Stumbled upon this Beyak interview. http://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-12...he-stage-the-better-he-seemed-to-get-1.738761

When asked if the Jets still have the 12 pick after the lottery will they consider trading it, Beyak replies "They might" and then goes on to hype Rasmussen for 30 seconds and says "if he was there they'd have to take a long hard look at him".

:puppy:

I wonder if he is saying that based on some inside knowledge. Otherwise it's very odd for Beyak to randomly hype him out of all the prospects that might be there mid 1st round.

Why would the Jets start telegraphing their pick to the media? The media had no clue about Scheifele, Trouba, Morrissey, Ehlers, and were even debating if the Jets would take Laine or Puljujarvi.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Why would the Jets start telegraphing their pick to the media? The media had no clue about Scheifele, Trouba, Morrissey, Ehlers, and were even debating if the Jets would take Laine or Puljujarvi.

Button has the jets taking valimaki if that helps. He also has Rasmussen at 6 so....

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Not winning one of the lottery slots (unless we trade up big time) means whoever we pick is not going to be in the lineup anytime soon.

I'm still excited for next season

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Button's top ten

IMG_3373.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
At the same time where there's smoke there is usually fire. Unless it's Eklund...

Yes. But smoke and even fire don't equal a leaked list. Did those 2 correct predictions even come out after the meeting? Or before? I don't remember exactly. It seems that they were quite a while in advance of the draft. Might there have been a leak? Yes. Might it have been 2 guys with connections putting 2&2 together? Yes. Is it a big deal? I don't think so. If McCagg had come out and said "I've seen the Jets list and they are going after Stanley", you'd have a leak.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Now that things after the lotto are concrete let's take a look at a new mock based on what fans are saying on their respective team boards.

1. NJ - Patrick (based on current fan poll where Patrick is winning at 69.03%)
2. Philly - Hischier (Based on current fan poll that has Hischier winning at 67.95%)
3. Dallas - Vilardi (fans want to package pick for a dman, looking at Hanafin)
4. Colorado - Heiskanen/Glass (Want Vilardi assuming Dallas takes Heiskanen. Also want to package pick for Drouin. Fans don't think the org will draft a defencemen that high but prefer Heiskanen over Glass.)
5. Vancity - Glass/Vilardi (Want Vilardi)
6. LV - Mittelstadt (Want Glass)
7. Arizona - Necas (Fans are very high on Necas and given their recent history of taking small skill guys under Chayka they just might.)
8. Buffaloni - Liljegren/Valimaki/Makar (Toss up between the 3 dmen with edge to Liljegren)
9. Detroit - Pettersson (Fans want Necas, think he'll be available)
10. Florida - Tippet (Also interested in Suzuki)
11. LA - Tolvanen (Fans don't have a single guy on their minds just keep saying BPA :()
12. Carolina - Suzuki (Want Glass obviously. Hoping to trade up using Hanifin)

Using this list it looks like Valimaki and Makar could be available. Also Rasmussen, Foote, Anderson, Yamamoto, Vesalainen, Timmins, Brannstrom.

I'd say go with one of Valimaki/Makar is this is how things shake out. Dallas trading 3 for Hanafin looks like it's a perfect match. Hard to say what LA goes for.

As much as this sucks for the bottom teams it definitely makes things more interesting and we could see some crazy deals happen.

Last edited:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yes. But smoke and even fire don't equal a leaked list. Did those 2 correct predictions even come out after the meeting? Or before? I don't remember exactly. It seems that they were quite a while in advance of the draft. Might there have been a leak? Yes. Might it have been 2 guys with connections putting 2&2 together? Yes. Is it a big deal? I don't think so. If McCagg had come out and said "I've seen the Jets list and they are going after Stanley", you'd have a leak.

Yeah but McCagg can't do that if he wants to maintain his connection. He has to come out and vaguely say I think the Jets have interest in Stanley. He'd burn to many bridges to say what he really knows.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah but McCagg can't do that if he wants to maintain his connection. He has to come out and vaguely say I think the Jets have interest in Stanley. He'd burn to many bridges to say what he really knows.

OK. I think you are trying too hard. :) But go ahead. I just can't get too excited about the speculation. I'm more worried about goaltending and coaching. :laugh:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
OK. I think you are trying too hard. :) But go ahead. I just can't get too excited about the speculation. I'm more worried about goaltending and coaching. :laugh:

Hard to say what happens at the draft. We could very well move that pick for a goalie as well. Just not sure who will be left after the ED.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
yea i'd be so happy if valimaki was available and we took him. if makar was still there i think i'd faint..

otherwise brannstrom would probably be my preference.

and opposite goes for rasmussen. please stay away from that guy.

i think of the strong forwards necas has the best chance of falling to us. would be all over that too

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
yea i'd be so happy if valimaki was available and we took him. if makar was still there i think i'd faint..

otherwise brannstrom would probably be my preference.

and opposite goes for rasmussen. please stay away from that guy.

i think of the strong forwards necas has the best chance of falling to us. would be all over that too

He definitely could be there and I wouldn't mind having him. One of the things I really like about Necas is he is a faceoff wizard. Kid is a beast on the draw. Something the Jets really struggle with. He could be ready in as little as 2 years after a year in the AHL as well given he spent a full season in the Czech pro league putting up decent numbers for a 17/18 year old. He's more of a playmaker which could work well with Laine/Connor. A lot of people say he is to slight to play C but he's 6'1 and 170. He just needs to bulk up a bit to be more effective.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Just speculating why Beyak (who doesn't follow prospects other than doing PBP for World Juniors) would be hyping him up in relation to the Jets pick

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
McCagg now has Jets taking Necas in most recent mock.

Also apparently Jim Benning was going on about Rasmussen in a recent interview. Poor poor pooooooor Canucks fans...

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
He definitely could be there and I wouldn't mind having him. One of the things I really like about Necas is he is a faceoff wizard. Kid is a beast on the draw. Something the Jets really struggle with. He could be ready in as little as 2 years after a year in the AHL as well given he spent a full season in the Czech pro league putting up decent numbers for a 17/18 year old. He's more of a playmaker which could work well with Laine/Connor. A lot of people say he is to slight to play C but he's 6'1 and 170. He just needs to bulk up a bit to be more effective.

yea that doesn't sound too bad to me. he can also absolutely wheel from what i've seen.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
McCagg now has Jets taking Necas in most recent mock.

Also apparently Jim Benning was going on about Rasmussen in a recent interview. Poor poor pooooooor Canucks fans...

gonna be so nervous until rasmussen is off the board or we pass on him. pls dont do it chevy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad