GDT: NHL 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Sure seemed that way.

It's boring. Maybe because they're not at home. And their order of who got the Cup is weird. I thought Kessel would get it a lot sooner. And I know Murray is a rookie, but he deserved to get it sooner based on how he played.

And I would have gone with Kessel or Murray for Conn Smythe.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
Happy for Dumoulin...but that's about it.

Really wish it was anyone else from the West that had made it. Just can't imagine Pittsburgh beating Chicago 4 times.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Crosby had to have that Conn Smythe trophy in his arsenal. It's been in the script for a long, long time. This was supposed to be his 4th of 6 cups.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
happy for sullivan, sheary, and dumoulin

even mildly happy for phil (or at least the fact he gets to lift a cup before Toronto the way his departure was treated by the fans and media)

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Crosby had to have that Conn Smythe trophy in his arsenal. It's been in the script for a long, long time. This was supposed to be his 4th of 6 cups.

Yeah, he's now tied with Bobby Orr with 2 Stanley Cups.
And he's missed roughly 3 full seasons due to injury.

It's a 30 team league, a little harder to win nowadays than in the 12 team era.

Last edited:

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Holy crap the dick riding over Crosby on NBC is unbelievable right now they're finding anything to say "Hes good looking" even made it into the script :laugh: switching off.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Agreed.

Wonder if it's the first time a minus player has won the Conn Smythe?

Most likely.

Happy for Sullivan. Goes to show despite a set-back early in career in Boston, hard work and persistence can pay off.

Good for Kessel as well. Guy took so much heat in Toronto, yeah no team wins with Kessel as the No.1 guy, but he was always a guy who stepped it up in the playoffs. He earned a lot of people's respect this past few months.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Agreed.

Wonder if it's the first time a minus player has won the Conn Smythe?

Or a non-goalie with no goals in the SCF final? Seems like, in-part, a lifetime achievement award for the league's golden boy and top marketing piece but more of a commentary on what Kessel is not. Crosby played well throughout the playoffs and was dangerous as always, but Kessel had the better playoffs overall and Murray saved their bacon in earlier rounds. Kessel is obviously loathed by the powers that be in the writer's association. A total outcast. They made him pay tonight. Shows the power they hold.

I think I was more impressed with Letang, too.

In the end it doesn't matter. Pittsburgh definitely won this as a result of some gritty depth. The supporting guys; Dumoulin, Lovejoy, Cullen, Sheary, Rust, Fehr, Hagelin and Bonino were outstanding in their roles.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Ugh.

The barely edge the Habs for the team I wanted to see win the least. I will not comment further in order to avoid points and bans.

Only reason I haven't written anything yet. :laugh:

Probably pick 5 guys before Crosby for Conn Smythe, including Murray (even if it would've been more of a 7th player award/Jack Adams trophy thing because he wasn't anywhere near their best player but did what he had to do and wasn't expected to). Probably Hagelin too. One fewer assist than Crosby (could've well had one more goal if he hadn't had a shot blocked in the final minute) and +9 instead of -4, his forecheck and overall play helped Kessel achieve what should've landed him the Conn Smythe.

Hard to feel too upset about an idividual award relating to such a ****** team winning the cup. I guess if Peyton Manning had been voted SB MVP I would've been a bit more bothered. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce