GDT: NHL 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Although Kessel is a sniper, it was a short side goal that could have been stopped. Holtby being off his angle didn't help at all.

I hear ya, I just can't buy into the soft/bad goal argument Milbury was bandying around. That shot was an absolute rip from between a defenders legs. On full speed replay it was in the back of the net before Holtby even moved, thats quick! I rekon Pittsburgh in 5 games over the Bolts.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
So I just did some light reading and if you think our fan base is bad, you should hear what the Caps fans are saying.

Fire Trotz. Im Burning my Ovechkin jersey. Im burning my Backstrom jersey. Ovechkin blew it. If Im Ovi I demand a trade. This team sucks.

lol lol and lol. I think one guy who was an absolute ghost for sure these playoffs after a ridiculous year was Kuznetsov, dude literally disappeared and instead of playing hard decided to scream at the refs for calls.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
So I just did some light reading and if you think our fan base is bad, you should hear what the Caps fans are saying.

Fire Trotz. Im Burning my Ovechkin jersey. Im burning my Backstrom jersey. Ovechkin blew it. If Im Ovi I demand a trade. This team sucks.

lol lol and lol. I think one guy who was an absolute ghost for sure these playoffs after a ridiculous year was Kuznetsov, dude literally disappeared and instead of playing hard decided to scream at the refs for calls.

Any time a team loses, the raw emotional feeling comes out strong, from just about everyone. I know I do it myself.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

Players like Kuz aren't built for the playoffs, even in today's league. It's a serious, heavy grind. That's why the gritty depth players always come up big. They can take it.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

This is every fan base. Washington fans have a little more right to be upset, they've never won a thing. But my God, Blackhawk fans were the same way this year after falling to STL. "This team sucks **** this team not one more dime spent until Quennville is fired, anyone posting you can't win every year should be permabanned, etc etc"

Meanwhile the Pens fans are starting to get mouthy. Hopefully the Lightning put them in their place.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
This is every fan base. Washington fans have a little more right to be upset, they've never won a thing. But my God, Blackhawk fans were the same way this year after falling to STL. "This team sucks **** this team not one more dime spent until Quennville is fired, anyone posting you can't win every year should be permabanned, etc etc"

Meanwhile the Pens fans are starting to get mouthy. Hopefully the Lightning put them in their place.

The Pens fans wanted Malkin or Crosby traded in November :laugh: "One needs to go, this isnt Sids team anymore"

I was sitting there just thinking....holy crap, that is like Bruins fans wanting Bergeron traded...that just would never even enter my mind like ever. So many spoilt fans around the league still find stuff to whinge about, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Ideally Id like to see a Caps vs Blues/Sharks final but as it stands Id like to see one of the western teams crush ****sburgh.

Id also like to see Dallas advance solely for the sake of seeing Seguin play and actually put up points in the post season, but im pulling for the Blues

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Trotz is a defensive coach who will never achieve anything no matter what team he's on with his hockey systems straight from 1954.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

sounds precisely like this fan base, not one bit of difference TBH

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I truly think I hate the Pens as much as the Habs. I really do. In that case, go Bolts.

But here come the awful media narratives saying the caps choked and Ovi's legacy is ruined.

The caps didn't choke. They ran into a freakishly hot team. And quite frankly, Tampa has their hands full.

wondering out loud if your post would have the same opinions if this were the B`s doing the same?

Up and down both lineups, this one should have been over in a short order. Biggest issue was Caps PP went cold and it went cold as they got caught doing the same things the B`s did for far too long and that`s set everything up for a Z slap shot and Holtby did not make the saves when his team needed it

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
My only issue with Tampa is that freakin' radio announcer who literally screams like a banshee whenever they score. He makes Jack Edwards look normal. But I guess I'll still have to root for them over Kessel.

Hoping the Blues and Preds pull off road wins tonight so there is at least a team left to root for but I doubt that happens.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
How can any Bruins fan hate the Caps more than the Penguins?

Seriously, Capital fans are like Charlie Brown running up to kick the football, surely this is the year we'll win it all! Then, the Penguins (this years version of Lucy), pull the ball back laughing there arses off. And the Ovechkins go flying through the air once again.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
How can any Bruins fan hate the Caps more than the Penguins?

I kinda hate them both but the Caps cheapshots on McQuaid and Miller cost them the playoffs. If Ovie got the 5+game he deserved for the Miller hit, that's the one extra point the Bruins needed.

Plus I like Crosby. Guy doesn't deserve the bad rap he gets (although he didn't show up in that series).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->