GDT: NHL 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Watching the Pens is like watching the Habs. I swear, they've flopped about 10 times tonight trying to buy a call.

I'm half-heartedly pulling for the Caps, just because I can't stand Pitt. Though having to root for Orpik's team is giving me an ulcer.

Yeah, mixed emotions for sure. Like watching Bin Laden drive off a cliff in your new 911 GT3.

I think I hate the pens more than even the habs. That's a lot of hate right there. I so wanted it to end on letang's stupid penalty. Oshie was and is totally rocked right now.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
alex-ovechkin-island.jpg

(From the playoffs photoshop thread)

:laugh: sad but true

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Well, I may not like either team but at least I'm being entertained haha

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I am Western conference all the way for the Cup. Like any of them more than lightning or pens

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
I truly think I hate the Pens as much as the Habs. I really do. In that case, go Bolts.

But here come the awful media narratives saying the caps choked and Ovi's legacy is ruined.

The caps didn't choke. They ran into a freakishly hot team. And quite frankly, Tampa has their hands full.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
All we need now is for the Sharks and Blues to lose their respective Game 7s, and the Choking Trifecta is complete.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Knew it after those PP's.

President's trophy is undoubtedly a curse. Just further emphasizes the reg season means poopy other than making the playoffs.

Millbury says holtby gave up a bad goal? The winner? Made the first save and Niskanen (i think) inexplicably left his man there all alone like a dope. Dman bias much there, mike?

I honestly can't tell if Hagelin is overrated or underrated. 4mil? His speed sure isn't in question. He gives people fits, opens gaps, and forces decisions and mistakes. Guess it depends on what's really around him.

Ovie...has to sting b/c of Sid. Ouch.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

President's trophy is undoubtedly a curse. Just further emphasizes the reg season means poopy other than making the playoffs.

Millbury says holtby gave up a bad goal? The winner? Made the first save and Niskanen (i think) inexplicably left his man there all alone like a dope. Dman bias much there, mike?

I honestly can't tell if Hagelin is overrated or underrated. 4mil? His speed sure isn't in question. He gives people fits, opens gaps, and forces decisions and mistakes. Guess it depends on what's really around him.

Didn't watch/listen, but probably referred to Kessel's opening goal.

And Ovi had 5 points to Sid's 2, don't really think he was the problem, though he could obviously have done more (ideally you want more than 2 goals from him against a 15 year old goalie, and he's never scored an OT playoff goal).

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia

His 'bad goal' was on Kessel's although I disagree, that shot was an absolute bullet, placed perfectly in the tiniest of gaps, through the legs of a defender on the rush, honestly calling that soft is very harsh.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
His 'bad goal' was on Kessel's although I disagree, that shot was an absolute bullet, placed perfectly in the tiniest of gaps, through the legs of a defender on the rush, honestly calling that soft is very harsh.

Although Kessel is a sniper, it was a short side goal that could have been stopped. Holtby being off his angle didn't help at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad