Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Actually sadly they look better now than before :help:

Their GM should be fired

Rutherford was a strange choice after Pierre McGuire turned down the job as the Pens would not give him the years he wanted.

Nobody knows why Peter Karmanos fired Rutherford in Carolina as they had been joined at the hip since before Hartford when they tried to get the expansion team in Tampa 25 years ago.

Meanwhile Mario is trying to sell the team and the value of that franchise is dropping. History has shown when the Pens stop winning, the fans stop coming.

Cold Medicine

Apr 4, 2014
Letang eats a lot of minutes — 26:16 a night on average. The only skaters that play more than him are Ryan Suter, Drew Doughty, Erik Karlsson, Brent Burns, and Alex Pietrangleo. The Penguins are 15-8-2 with him and 0-6-1 without him.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Rutherford was a strange choice after Pierre McGuire turned down the job as the Pens would not give him the years he wanted.

Nobody knows why Peter Karmanos fired Rutherford in Carolina as they had been joined at the hip since before Hartford when they tried to get the expansion team in Tampa 25 years ago.

Meanwhile Mario is trying to sell the team and the value of that franchise is dropping. History has shown when the Pens stop winning, the fans stop coming.

It's hard to understand how an NHL team can be run so badly, and a team with Malkin&Crosby in prime can be in a situation like that, mistakes after mistakes.
Mario can't be happy.

Letang eats a lot of minutes — 26:16 a night on average. The only skaters that play more than him are Ryan Suter, Drew Doughty, Erik Karlsson, Brent Burns, and Alex Pietrangleo. The Penguins are 15-8-2 with him and 0-6-1 without him.

Those stats are misleading, the team during that phase looked like a broke team waiting to collapse, game after game fans wanted the coach to be fired and Letang hasn't gotten a lot of love from them this year.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It's hard to understand how an NHL team can be run so badly, and a team with Malkin&Crosby in prime can be in a situation like that, mistakes after mistakes.

Mario can't be happy.

I have zero sympathy for Pittsburgh. Dirty plays 20 years apart by Pens players effectively ended the careers of 2 Bruins stars ( Neely and Savard )

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I have zero sympathy for Pittsburgh. Dirty plays 20 years apart by Pens players effectively ended the careers of 2 Bruins stars ( Neely and Savard )

I agree, though their development/situation just has been so weird and interesting to follow.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I agree, though their development/situation just has been so weird and interesting to follow.

They were given Crosby on a silver platter

[NHL]183205[/NHL]

This is what makes hockey special - talent does not win Cups - chemistry does.

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
Habs have 7 more games on road this trip.I can smell panic in them fans .lol

This trip will probably end badly for the Habs. Alsolutely nothing is working right now and Habs are going to face good teams. This said, I wouldn't be surprised Habs are out of the playoffs come the outdoor game.

As for panic, I sure do remember some Bruins fans wanting to blow everything up in feburary of last year (2W-6D-1OT-1SO). Slumps happen, just don't think Habs will make a come back soon enough

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
This trip will probably end badly for the Habs. Alsolutely nothing is working right now and Habs are going to face good teams. This said, I wouldn't be surprised Habs are out of the playoffs come the outdoor game.

As for panic, I sure do remember some Bruins fans wanting to blow everything up in feburary of last year (2W-6D-1OT-1SO). Slumps happen, just don't think Habs will make a come back soon enough

Last year Bruins had to endure loss of Boychuck.I knew from 1st day of season trouble was looming.But not doing too bad now with a team in transition ,which I do not expect to win Cup without adding a top pairing or at least #3 defenceman.Not sure I want Sweeney to give up any prospects or picks either cause future looks bright. But I am enjoying this team none the less.They battling hard and thats all I can ask...The habs lost Petry tonite on a big hit by Benn.Any word on him??Looked bad.

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
Last year Bruins had to endure loss of Boychuck.I knew from 1st day of season trouble was looming.But not doing too bad now with a team in transition which I do not expect to win Cup but am enjoying though none the less.They battling hard..The habs lost Petry tonite on a big hit by Benn.Any word on him??Looked bad.

Upper Body Injury. Let's just hope he's not concussed. If he is, we have Tinner and Patteryn that could help out I guess :):):)().

If this happens, we will probably need to make a phone call to Detroit and ask them how to suit up that many AHLers and still *win* some games.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
Upper Body Injury. Let's just hope he's not concussed. If he is, we have Tinner and Patteryn that could help out I guess :):):)().

If this happens, we will probably need to make a phone call to Detroit and ask them how to suit up that many AHLers and still *win* some games.

Good one at the end there about Wings.Made me laugh out loud.:handclap: I wonder about that Tinordi kid.Shocked he is not with big club yet.You cannot teach size and strength.p.s. Yes hope no concussion for him.Bruins fans know about them.:(

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I listened to some of the Habs postgame on CKGM and that fanbase has become unhinged :popcorn:

http://tunein.com/radio/TSN-Radio-690-s12472/

Fire the coach, fire the GM, fire Youppi!, make Youppi! the coach. :laugh:

Felipe Alou named new head coach of the Habs:yo:

We are seeing how a great goalie, which Price is, can make a coach look real good, he`s out, they are still a solid team, but they just can`t play the same way in front of Condon/Tokarski that they can with Price, they can`t take those chances offensively knowing they don`t have a Vezina winner back there to bail them out

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
the bottom 6 has 4 waiver guys, an overrated rookie, and Lars Eller the only Swede I cant stand

this team started 9-0:amazed::amazed::amazed:

He's less Swedish than Alex Steen is Canadian. Or Dany Heatley is German :p:
(i.e. he's only played in Sweden a couple of years, whereas the others were born in those countries, and have played in them)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Funny how you compare a 2nd line vs a 3rd line :D

I watched the game and that was second line

I actually took it from a Habs post ragging on Weise and how he sucks and is on second line

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

And then the Bruins missed the playoffs, fans' panic was completely warranted, and the started to blow it up a bit.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I am worried about Montreal I look at their lineup and organizational depth and I see bleak days ahead. I hope Price can cover up for a weak group but now it seems he is injury prone

Maybe Daniel Carr can be an older version of Frank Vatrano but I donf see it

To many Flynns Byrons Carrs Weises in lineup

McCarron is big but his skating concerns me

I like having Habs rivalry but they are a Carey Price injury from missing playoffs

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
They were given Crosby on a silver platter

[NHL]183205[/NHL]

This is what makes hockey special - talent does not win Cups - chemistry does.

There is no team in sports that deserved their success less than the Pens.

Tanked to get Mario, lucky draw to get Crosby,

All of their success can be traced to cheating or a lucky bounce of a ping pong ball.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Tom Petty medley in the Habs forum right now:

Breakdown
Into the Darkness
Stop Dragging My Heart Around
Free Falling

And with new modified lyrics:

Running Down a Drain

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
I watched the game and that was second line

I actually took it from a Habs post ragging on Weise and how he sucks and is on second line

Presently with the injuries, desharnais line is the 2nd. When the full lineup is there, they are the 3rd line. We are in big need of RWs especially after semin didnt pan out. But thats only part of the problem.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Sugar Shawn scored his second as a Panther. Wild game there, seemingly, as it's 4-4.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Of course the Panthers had to win in the shootout. Tampa - Ottawa will probably go to OT as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad