nhl 2004 draft re entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
If Erik Christensen doesnt lower his demands, then he is likely to re-enter. He was taken in the 3rd round, but wants 1st round money. He lead all players in scoring in the WHL 2002/2003. He had a pretty good year this year too. He'll probably get taken late 2nd - late 3rd. Somewhere in that range. Thats if the Pens dont resign him of course.

habsfansam

Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere dark...?
jonas johansson... he's been up and down, but he can't have lost all that skill??? Must be there somewhere waiting for a lucky team if Washington opts not to sign him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Alex Kovalev said:
If Erik Christensen doesnt lower his demands, then he is likely to re-enter. He was taken in the 3rd round, but wants 1st round money. He lead all players in scoring in the WHL 2002/2003. He had a pretty good year this year too. He'll probably get taken late 2nd - late 3rd. Somewhere in that range. Thats if the Pens dont resign him of course.

He's too old to reenter the draft.

jincargo

Jan 28, 2004
habsfansam said:
jonas johansson... he's been up and down, but he can't have lost all that skill??? Must be there somewhere waiting for a lucky team if Washington opts not to sign him.
All signs are pointing to him signing...along with Klepis (doesn't require to be signed by June 1st) and Fleischmann. Of the three though...Johansson is the one that could go either way since the Caps would get the 2nd round compensation if not signed...but I think a deal will get done.

Daigenault just signed yesterday.

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
I think Jeff Drouin Deslauriers will be a nice pickup for someone, should he decide to go back in.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Alex Kovalev said:

He will be a FA. He won't re-enter the draft.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
habsfansam said:

I could see Jonas Johansson ending up with Ottawa if he isn't signed. Anders Hedberg, Ottawas director of playing personnel and former GM for Team Sweden said in an interview shortly after the draft 2002, that Johansson was the most talented swede around. Obviously, he wouldn't say that again, but it's a sign that he is well-liked by Hedberg.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Why does Johansson have to sign by June 1? He was drafted in 2002 out of HV 71 Jonkoping in Sweden, which normally means he falls under the category of a European draft pick???

jincargo

Jan 28, 2004
Jag68Vlady27 said:
Why does Johansson have to sign by June 1? He was drafted in 2002 out of HV 71 Jonkoping in Sweden, which normally means he falls under the category of a European draft pick???
Except for the fact he played his last two seasons in the WHL...

(ii) If such player continues to play hockey
as an overage player for a Major Junior Club, in the season
following his selection, such registration by the selecting Club
shall establish for such Club the exclusive right of negotiation
for the services of each such player selected and registered as
against all other professional clubs up to and including the next
June 1 following the date of his selection.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Thanks, that information is most helpful!

So, am I to assume that this also holds true for Tomas Fleischmann, as well as any other 1984-born player drafted out of Europe that spent 2 seasons in the CHL since being drafted?

jincargo

Jan 28, 2004
Jag68Vlady27 said:
Thanks, that information is most helpful!

So, am I to assume that this also holds true for Tomas Fleischmann, as well as any other 1984-born player drafted out of Europe that spent 2 seasons in the CHL since being drafted?
That is correct. If they played one season in the WHL and then returned overseas they can be claimed as "defected" players and the rights are held for as long as the deal exists between the player and his countries team.

(c) A player who, having been selected by a Club and having
been placed on its Reserve List as an "unsigned draft choice,"
enters into an agreement with any person or organization, other
than a Club of the League or a member club of an affiliated
professional league, which agreement includes the obligation by
the player to provide his services as a hockey player, may be
retained on the Reserve List of the claiming club as a "defected"
player for so long as said agreement to provide his services as a
hockey player or any renewal or extension thereof remains in
effect.Such player shall be subject to the provisions of Section
10.2(b).

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
i think JDD will sign with Edmonton, last I heard they were only $200,000 apart, A simple man like myself would just meet in the middle and not have to waste one of our first 3 picks in the draft on another goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad