NHL 19 PLAYER FACES

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Won't happen because the players would have to be compensated for using their likeness in the game and the NCAA doesn't like the actual ones who make them money to get paid. They'd no longer be "amateur athletes" in their eyes.
Do they really get compensated? They add so many guys midseason I have a hard time believing they consult everyone.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Do they really get compensated? They add so many guys midseason I have a hard time believing they consult everyone.

They would be required to based on a lawsuit that was filed against the NCAA and EA Sports which ended up paying out $60 million to student-athletes who had their likeness used. Whether or not they “do” get compensated is irrelevant.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
They would be required to based on a lawsuit that was filed against the NCAA and EA Sports which ended up paying out $60 million to student-athletes who had their likeness used. Whether or not they “do” get compensated is irrelevant.
That's true. I do know a few guys who are in the game so I'll ask them when I get the chance.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
There's no reason that the whole league shouldn't have actual faces at least 80 to 90 percent of them. They've done it before.

Hell they've even had the coach's faces mapped in the past.

Reactions: Willy1964

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Won't happen because the players would have to be compensated for using their likeness in the game and the NCAA doesn't like the actual ones who make them money to get paid. They'd no longer be "amateur athletes" in their eyes.
So why this issue never been one for all the NCAA Football video games serie?

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
There's no reason that the whole league shouldn't have actual faces at least 80 to 90 percent of them. They've done it before.

Hell they've even had the coach's faces mapped in the past.

Too much work to get everyone scanned.

2K has pretty much the whole league done because players actually want to be in the game and play. NHL doesn't have the same prestige behind it so most NHLers simply won't take the time to do it.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I asked this question before but with no responses.. are you able to substitute a Euro team into the Be a GM mode in place of an NHL team? On the past I would swap out all NHL teams for euro teams and play a 25 year GM Mode like that. Can anyone help me out? It's the main way I use to enjoy the game.

boltsy

Jun 22, 2017
I asked this question before but with no responses.. are you able to substitute a Euro team into the Be a GM mode in place of an NHL team? On the past I would swap out all NHL teams for euro teams and play a 25 year GM Mode like that. Can anyone help me out? It's the main way I use to enjoy the game.

Probably not. It was possible in NHL 06 till 09 or something I remember. Now you can only swap an NHL team with a custom made team.

Willy1964

Sep 6, 2018
Too much work to get everyone scanned.

2K has pretty much the whole league done because players actually want to be in the game and play. NHL doesn't have the same prestige behind it so most NHLers simply won't take the time to do it.

From my side its a must to have nearly all real faces in the game. No fun to play with existing names and generic faces. Easy to do, all Teams coming to Vancouver to play there. Install the cams there in the ice building and scan the players. Other possibility ..... most have Twitter accounts. Ask them to scan with a face scan app and ask for uploading to EA. It depends only how much time EA will spend for this necessary upgrade. Many customer where gone away about this missing. Arcade players with less knowledge about NHL are not intressting in this, but Hardcore Fans in offline mode wants this.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
From my side its a must to have nearly all real faces in the game. No fun to play with existing names and generic faces. Easy to do, all Teams coming to Vancouver to play there. Install the cams there in the ice building and scan the players. Other possibility ..... most have Twitter accounts. Ask them to scan with a face scan app and ask for uploading to EA. It depends only how much time EA will spend for this necessary upgrade. Many customer where gone away about this missing. Arcade players with less knowledge about NHL are not intressting in this, but Hardcore Fans in offline mode wants this.
probably EA being too lazy, for Fifa, EA visits almost non stop hundreds of teams to get face scans. For NHL franchise they just have to visit 32 team and two country...

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
probably EA being too lazy, for Fifa, EA visits almost non stop hundreds of teams to get face scans. For NHL franchise they just have to visit 32 team and two country...
IIRC, EA said they try to organize scans when teams pass through Vancouver. That was 5+ years ago, though.

The facial scanner they had consisted of several DSLR cameras (8 IIRC). It's located at their motion capture studio on their Burnaby campus.

You can see it in this video:

Last edited:

Lavina21

Mar 30, 2019
Russia
Have bought PS4 pro and NHL 19 recently. Was unpleasantly surprised how limited is the number of players with real faces. It seems to me that even in NHL 09 there was a greater amount of them.

How is it possible that in 2K19 the likes of Rantanen, Varlamov, Krug, Carlo are lacking their faces?

Reactions: Willy1964

Willy1964

Sep 6, 2018
Again one year is over and EA doesn’t much about scanning and adding new faces. They promised to scan players when Teams come to Road games to Vancouver during the season but did not. Some players will retire and if they add some new, under the line they will not be more in issue 20. Unfortunately they are not willing to add the so much missing pics to player profiles. It is minimum work and basic for this Franchise. You don’t find this laziness in any other important Sport game. I am curious what they will do at the entry draft in June. Jack Hughes will likely be number one in draft and they have no permission to use his name or face for promotion. They scan and advertise the first and second selection faces every year short time after they are drafted for game advertisement and show them in Facebook and Twitter.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad