Status
Not open for further replies.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Anyone else struggling with one timers? They are so soft and go like 10 MPH

I've had the opposite experience

I am a lefty and in NHL18 when I would take one time slap shots from the right circle it would never work

In NHL19 I am hammering them and its been like most of my goals. The computer goalies have been insane though and making ridiculous stops

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
Have you actually played ice hockey? Nobody is going to trip over your stick every single time just because you put your stick out to take away a passing lane.
As long as your not swinging it around or getting in on their feet, it isn't an every time thing.

Its a breath of fresh air after all the spamming of poke.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Does anyone else think online play has become boring/bad?

VS= too much lag, too much CPU involvement, too many artificial close scores
3 VS 3 drop in = too many penalty shots deciding games and too many whistles
6 VS 6 EASHL = players too large, no room on ice, ugly goals

Too much waiting for games

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
As long as your not swinging it around or getting in on their feet, it isn't an every time thing.

Its a breath of fresh air after all the spamming of poke.

How? People just spam right stick now, and it requires way less timing.

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
How? People just spam right stick now, and it requires way less timing.
Ive played about 60 eashl games and that hasn't been my experience at all. Im loving the change so far.

They need to fix the post game though, not getting put back in the dressing room is a joke.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Thanks. Not going to get it till Thanksgiving or BlackFriday now.

Same here. I don't play HUT or any online versus. This is strictly offline or local multiplayer for me. Black Friday I am expecting a 20% to 25% drop which is what it has been historically. By then, I am hoping some of the bugs are fixed and maybe the legends will be available in franchise. I read on Reddit that developers are working on this (though I don't know how true this is) and the issue has to do with the Legends' ages in the game.

In my opinion, they should have thought about this during development. They must have known or at least guessed with near certainty that EVERYONE who plays franchise would have wanted this. I mean, I usually have one franchise saved where I play fairly "realistically" but I have another save with made up players and other dumb stuff just to kick around and have fun.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
No legends is a huge letdown. I don't care about hut or world of chel (stupid name btw). I always like to create prospects 3-4 years out for future drafts in franchise mode. I was all set to create a few 2022 prospects in Shane Wright, Matthew Savoir, etc. But of course ea would take away a birth Year for no reason. Instead of creating 2003 born prospects now you can only go 2002 as the youngest. Small thing I guess but just really annoys me

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Same here. I don't play HUT or any online versus. This is strictly offline or local multiplayer for me. Black Friday I am expecting a 20% to 25% drop which is what it has been historically. By then, I am hoping some of the bugs are fixed and maybe the legends will be available in franchise. I read on Reddit that developers are working on this (though I don't know how true this is) and the issue has to do with the Legends' ages in the game.

In my opinion, they should have thought about this during development. They must have known or at least guessed with near certainty that EVERYONE who plays franchise would have wanted this. I mean, I usually have one franchise saved where I play fairly "realistically" but I have another save with made up players and other dumb stuff just to kick around and have fun.

I usually buy it on Black Friday or some time even Boxing Day where they have a few patches that fixed all the annoying stuff. Just can't believe the hold back to Legends is age. All they needed to do is let user adjust the age of Legends(18 and over). Thus, if I use Orr, I can set him up to 18 and put him on my team. How hard can that be?

Reactions: sandviper

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
Can anyone on Xbox get into a EASHL drop in game? Mine just goes forever until it times out
Yeah its pretty brutal, they need to fix the matchmaking.
I found it easier when your dropping with a full team.

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Am I crazy or is drop in for EASHL completely broken?Average search time says it's about 5 mins with population at "high", and I have found one game today with multiple hours spent searching. I've tried different positions and everything, it's always the same.

And that one game that went through? Froze before the game started. I've put up with a lot of EA's shit but something like this has me thinking I might be done with the franchise if they don't fix this.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Am I crazy or is drop in for EASHL completely broken?Average search time says it's about 5 mins with population at "high", and I have found one game today with multiple hours spent searching. I've tried different positions and everything, it's always the same.

And that one game that went through? Froze before the game started. I've put up with a lot of EA's **** but something like this has me thinking I might be done with the franchise if they don't fix this.

Friday night I was getting into games within 30 seconds, but on Saturday it was taking forever to find a drop-in 6v6 games. 3v3 was no problem, but I enjoy 6v6 more. Surely they will get this sorted out. Really loving the game so far other than the online issues (HUT online has also been trash for me, lots of lag despite having a great connection). The small changes they made make the game feel more realistic. Haven't touched Franchise mode yet, but everything else has been enjoyable.

GagneHanson12

Aug 15, 2011
My big gripe with Franchise Mode thus far is that at the draft, if you're trading for a pick (let's say first overall) it doesn't lock the computer out of drafting. So as you're setting your offer up, the pick has already been made and you're on to 2nd overall. Really stupid. I tweeted EA and obviously no answer as to why that is.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Do prospects grow before the draft or their Overall stay the same until they got drafted like last year?
you can't see their overall...you only get a skills assessment giving you a letter grade of all their categories along with potential, comparisons, character, and strengths-weaknesses. You see their overall after they start playing games(doesn't have to be on your NHL/AHL teams either as I have unsigned guys that get scouted almost immediately and get accurate ratings for them. You also get to see their junior stats and how hard of competition they go against depending on what league they play in.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
So has anybody found EASHL traits that work for them? I play playmaking centre almost exclusively and find that in this interaction of the game my hands and shot are pretty brutal.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
No issue with the pokecheck, learn how to use it properly and you will barely make any penalties.

The menus are a f***ing pain in the ass.
These guys have no UX department.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad