NHL 19 Franchise Mode

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
I picked up NHL 19 yesterday on sale and decided to try my hand at running the Avs franchise. First year I missed the playoffs, went 34-38-10. Year 2 I ended up finishing 2nd in the Central with a record of 48-30-4 only to lose in the first round 4 games to 2 against the Blues. Im about ready to start season 3, I had a pretty good draft picked up 2 med elite dmen in the middle rounds who will eventually replace Barrie and Johnson down the road. I also did pretty good in free agency, I picked up Backstrom and W. Karlsson for the 2nd line. Anyway my lineup looks like

Landy, Mack, Rants
Jost, Backstrom, Karlsson
Kondratiev, Dach, Kerfoot
Greer, Compher, Calvert

Z, Makar
Barrie, Johnson
Cole, Girard

Varly, Grub

The worst part of all of this is that Detroit won the lottery back to back years to get Hughes and Lafreniere and then signed Josi in free agency. Anyway does anyone else do a franchise mode, and if so how is yours going?

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
You created Hughes and other draft eligible prospects?

Don’t ever trade Jost, he’s a guaranteed 35-40 goal scorer in this game for some reason.

AvsFanInMichigan

Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
You created Hughes and other draft eligible prospects?

Don’t ever trade Jost, he’s a guaranteed 35-40 goal scorer in this game for some reason.
Yep a guy on youtube made a video with his instructions to create them so I just used that and then plopped them on random junior teams and they ended up showing up in the draft the way I thought they would. I forgot Podkolzin and a couple more but the game already makes random players that are quite comparable so I didn't want to overload the draft with talent.

AvsFanInMichigan

Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
Despite starting 21-5-1 in year 3 I ended up finishing 46-30-6 good for the 1st wild card spot. 1st round I defeated Calgary 4 games to 1 only to lose to Edmonton in the 2nd round in 7 games. I had a pretty decent draft that helped restock the Eagles. I let Kerfoot, Calvert, Cole , Grubi all go and replaced them internally from the farm system. I made my first big trade as I traded for Pettersson idk why Vancouver had them on their block but I sent Backstrom and a Bruins 3rd to bring in Petterson who had identical numbers to Backstrom but the deciding factor was Pettersson is younger. In free agency I decided to bring back our old friend Stastny for a 4th line role so he can come along for the ride. Starting year 4 I'm rolling with

Rants, Mack, Landy
Jost, Pettersson, Karlsson
Kondratiev, Dach, Kaut
Kam, Stastny, Compher

Zads , Makar
Barrie , Johnson
Timmins, Girard

Varly, Francouz

Detroit won the lottery again so they've had 3 1st overall picks in a row lol.

AvsFanInMichigan

Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
Missed the playoffs year 4 I ended up trading Varly for Saros straight up mid season. . Stastny retired. Offseason I sent William Karlsson to Ottawa for Stone. Also acquired a 19 year old Med Franchise goalie from Chicago. Year 5 the team really took off finishing 52-24-6 with 110 points good enough for the presidents trophy. I traded for a rental Huberdeau at the deadline to bolster the lineup for the playoffs. I haven't done the sim for the playoffs yet but I'm facing Dallas. My lineup is looking like

Rants, Mack, Landy
Huberdeau, Pettersson, Stone
Kondratiev, Dach, Kaut
Malakhov, Jost, Kam.

Zads, Makar
Johnson, Barrie
Timmins, Girard.

Saros, Lindgren

Detroit in the east made the playoffs with an insane lineup. Hughes put up 50+ goals for the 2nd straight year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->