NHL 19 NHL 19 being rolled back to beta tuner for a limited time mid-January (UPDATE: Jan 18th-25th)

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
An Update on Gameplay Feedback + Action Plan
Hey everyone,

Before the holidays begin, we just wanted to provide everyone with an update around NHL 19, and more specifically the feedback we have been hearing around the gameplay.

Over the past few months, we have been seeing a lot of people on all channels asking for us to revert to Beta tuners as they enjoyed the game better during that time frame. While we believe that the current gameplay has a lot of improvements from launch, we also recognize that there could be areas of gameplay that you preferred better in the past.

As a result, in mid-January we are going to be rolling back to the Beta Tuner for a limited time to get your feedback on what you like/dislike about the Beta Tuner compared to the current gameplay tuner. Please note that this will undo some of the positive changes that we’ve seen from the community, so you’ll be seeing some of the following occur again:
  • Poke checks will be more sensitive and cause more tripping penalties
  • AI goaltending performance will be different
  • The ability to drop your stick
  • Increase in incidental contact strength (bumps)
  • Decrease in penalties from stick lifts

After we change back from the tuner, we will be posting a feedback survey to gather your thoughts, likes, and dislikes on the Beta tuner.

While it is a little while until the tuner goes live, we wanted to provide you with an update as we know how passionate you are about the product. Once we get closer to the date of the tuner, we will provide an update with more information and details on what is happening, when it’s happening, and what you can expect.

Thank you for your dedication and feedback throughout NHL 19 and we hope everyone has a happy holidays!

- The EA SPORTS NHL Team

This is fantastic news, though unfortunately it's not happening for another month. Hopefully with the feedback they get they decide to keep the beta tuner with some minor tweaks, it was way more fun and enjoyable than the current game.

Edit: UPDATE
Beta rollback officially happening from the 17th 18th to the 25th.

BETA TUNER DETAILS + FEEDBACK THREAD
Hey NHL Community,

We just wanted to start this thread off by saying thank you for your participation and feedback on the current gameplay tuner! We received a lot of feedback that we are currently collecting, as well as collecting your responses in the forums. As we reach the final stages of the Beta tuner rollback, the current gameplay tuner survey will close Wednesday, January 16th @ 3 PM PT.

BETA TUNER DETAILS
  • WHEN: Thursday, January 18th at 02:00 AM PT until Thursday, January 25th at 02:00 AM PT
  • WHERE: All Online Modes (Offline users can switch back to it through settings; explained below)
  • WHAT TUNER WILL THIS BE: Tuner 1.00 from the NHL 19 Beta that was released on August 2nd

Once the tuner is live, a Gameplay Tuner update will be downloaded that will revert the tuner update changes for online modes.

HOW TO PROVIDE FEEDBACK
On Friday, January 18th at 2 PM PT, we will be releasing the Beta Tuner Feedback Survey. You will be able to find a link to it in-game, on our Twitter, and in this thread when it goes live. The survey will be available until Thursday, January 24th at 02:00 PM PT.

As a reminder, you are only able to complete the survey once. Please be sure you've played an adequate number of games until you submit your feedback, as you will not be able to resubmit or change your answers after you have submitted it.

Additionally, in the Beta Tuner survey, we will also be providing an additional field to leave any additional comments regarding the Beta Tuner. You can also leave your feedback in this thread, or on social media by tweeting at myself (@TheFlopFish) or the EA SPORTS NHL account (@EASPORTSNHL).

LINK TO FEEDBACK SURVEY: NHL 19 Gameplay Feedback - Post Rollback to Beta Tuners

FAQ

Q: What will have changed with the tuner rollback for online modes?
A: All changes in the NHL 19 Tuner Notes Master List will be reverted in all online modes.

Q: How can I rollback to the Beta Tuner for Offline Modes?
A: For offline modes, you can rollback to the Beta tuner by doing the following steps:
  1. From the home menu, scroll down to All Modes
  2. Go to "Settings"
  3. Go to "Gameplay Sliders"
  4. Under General, go to "Gameplay Version" and switch it to v1.00
NOTE: Offline users will revert back to the September 1st Tuner update.

Q: Why do offline users have to manually change it?
A: We wanted to provide ability to allow offline users to continue using their preferred tuner in offline modes. This also provides with the opportunity to change back and play on the current tuner in offline modes to compare and contrast if you desire.

Q: Why are you doing this?
A: Find out why here

Q: What will happen after the Beta Tuner rollback is over?
A: Once the Beta Tuner rollback is over, the gameplay tuner will revert to the same one before the rollback (v1.3)

Q: When will you action on the feedback?
A: After the Beta tuner is over, we will be utilizing the feedback we received from the original Beta survey, the current gameplay survey, and the Beta Tuner Rollback survey. From there, we will utilize your feedback to help guide the next NHL 19 tuner update.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They already went back to the old skating tuner right? I felt a difference when I played the other day, compared to a few weeks ago

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
They already went back to the old skating tuner right? I felt a difference when I played the other day, compared to a few weeks ago
No, they haven't. The beta skating is the thing I'm most excited for, it was the best skating they've had since last gen.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
No, they haven't. The beta skating is the thing I'm most excited for, it was the best skating they've had since last gen.

There had to of been some sort of change, it definitely feels more like the beta.

:dunno:

boltsy

Jun 22, 2017
Sold my copy 2 months ago for 40 bucks, still a 20 buck loss but still best decision I've made in 2018. First time I'm not playing since 98

Reactions: Willy1964

Fmrnuckfan95

Dec 16, 2018
Edmonton
Sold my copy 2 months ago for 40 bucks, still a 20 buck loss but still best decision I've made in 2018. First time I'm not playing since 98

Yeah what an awful game. Doesn't play remotely like an actual hockey game at all. So many bugs and glitches too.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
The beta was so good. I honestly feel conned after playing the beta.

The real game couldn’t have been further away.

The real game is among the worst sports games I’ve ever played. It’s bad. It’s nothing like the beta, at all. It’s unplayable.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
The only huge upgrade I remember from the beta was the skating, specifically acceleration. When you got the puck, you could get up the ice immediately, which is definitely something they've tuned down over time.

I also remember the goalies being more difficult to score on in penalty shots and I liked that a lot too. The stupid backhand forehand backhand didn't go in every single time like it does now. The goalie actually stayed with you for a bit. There was still a cheese goal that went in every time, but that didn't seem to be as well-known at the time.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
This year has been the least I've played this franchise. Doesn't give the same fun factor for some reason...and I've got a better record than last year online.

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
I was just browsing to see if others felt the same. I have barely touched NHL this year... not fun at all, very repetitive scoring and not realistic hockey at all

Reactions: Igor Shestyorkin

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Beta rollback officially happening from the 17th 18th to the 25th.

BETA TUNER DETAILS + FEEDBACK THREAD
Hey NHL Community,

We just wanted to start this thread off by saying thank you for your participation and feedback on the current gameplay tuner! We received a lot of feedback that we are currently collecting, as well as collecting your responses in the forums. As we reach the final stages of the Beta tuner rollback, the current gameplay tuner survey will close Wednesday, January 16th @ 3 PM PT.

BETA TUNER DETAILS
  • WHEN: Thursday, January 17th at 02:00 AM PT until Thursday, January 24th at 02:00 AM PT
  • WHERE: All Online Modes (Offline users can switch back to it through settings; explained below)
  • WHAT TUNER WILL THIS BE: Tuner 1.00 from the NHL 19 Beta that was released on August 2nd

Once the tuner is live, a Gameplay Tuner update will be downloaded that will revert the tuner update changes for online modes.

HOW TO PROVIDE FEEDBACK
On Friday, January 18th at 2 PM PT, we will be releasing the Beta Tuner Feedback Survey. You will be able to find a link to it in-game, on our Twitter, and in this thread when it goes live. The survey will be available until Thursday, January 24th at 02:00 PM PT.

As a reminder, you are only able to complete the survey once. Please be sure you've played an adequate number of games until you submit your feedback, as you will not be able to resubmit or change your answers after you have submitted it.

Additionally, in the Beta Tuner survey, we will also be providing an additional field to leave any additional comments regarding the Beta Tuner. You can also leave your feedback in this thread, or on social media by tweeting at myself (@TheFlopFish) or the EA SPORTS NHL account (@EASPORTSNHL).

LINK TO FEEDBACK SURVEY: Will be provided January 18th @ 2 PM PT.

FAQ

Q: What will have changed with the tuner rollback for online modes?
A: All changes in the NHL 19 Tuner Notes Master List will be reverted in all online modes.

Q: How can I rollback to the Beta Tuner for Offline Modes?
A: For offline modes, you can rollback to the Beta tuner by doing the following steps:
  1. From the home menu, scroll down to All Modes
  2. Go to "Settings"
  3. Go to "Gameplay Sliders"
  4. Under General, go to "Gameplay Version" and switch it to v1.00
NOTE: Offline users will revert back to the September 1st Tuner update.

Q: Why do offline users have to manually change it?
A: We wanted to provide ability to allow offline users to continue using their preferred tuner in offline modes. This also provides with the opportunity to change back and play on the current tuner in offline modes to compare and contrast if you desire.

Q: Why are you doing this?
A: Find out why here

Q: What will happen after the Beta Tuner rollback is over?
A: Once the Beta Tuner rollback is over, the gameplay tuner will revert to the same one before the rollback (v1.3)

Q: When will you action on the feedback?
A: After the Beta tuner is over, we will be utilizing the feedback we received from the original Beta survey, the current gameplay survey, and the Beta Tuner Rollback survey. From there, we will utilize your feedback to help guide the next NHL 19 tuner update.

EDIT: Pushed back to the 18th

bruins2012

Aug 26, 2018
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
So is the game going to be fixed the next time I update the roster (January 18-25) or will there be another update after the feedback and then another roster update??

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
I never knew tripping penalties were so prevalent until I played modern NHL games. It's out of control.

Block a shot and watch the other team skate over top of you, just to fall? TRIP!

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Absolutely terrible game this year, what a waste of money. I gave it another chance tonight after 3 months thinking maybe it was better with latest tuner update. Boy was I wrong, my blood was boiling after 5 minutes. Unplayable game.

God forbid you build a decent lead, too. The other team always has to make it close.

I notice this too, it’s almost impossible to peel away with a lead. The puck won’t go in no matter what. Sounds a lot like the scripting/momentum bull***t in FIFA.

Seems to be a staple in EA games now.

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
This is definitely not the full beta tuner. Has to be some sort of hybrid between the beta and recent tuners. The hitting feels like its back but the pokes used to give out more penalties and the skating doesn’t feel the same. It feels better than before but not like the beta

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I don't mind the tripping going back to how it was in the beta. You just have to pick your spots better, and you're punished if you don't.

The stick lifts, though, were out of control and broken. People would spam the button 5x plus standing in the same spot in just 1 second. It also allowed a lot more cross-body lifts which, in reality, should lead to high sticking calls.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
This is definitely not the full beta tuner. Has to be some sort of hybrid between the beta and recent tuners. The hitting feels like its back but the pokes used to give out more penalties and the skating doesn’t feel the same. It feels better than before but not like the beta
You're not the only one saying this. They only reverted the tuners and not the gameplay changes done in patches. It's a shame, I was looking forward to playing the beta again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->