NHL 18 Generated Player Odd Names

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Here’s one from my madden a few years ago...

0WZ4jO6_d.jpg

Reactions: Elvs

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Here’s one from my madden a few years ago...

0WZ4jO6_d.jpg

Yeah, I came here to post 'Ryan Ryan'.

I've also seen players with the last names of 'Jon lol' and 'Big snake' in the draft.

I picked a guy with the last name 'Ma' and guy who's first name was 'Tiny', but sadly I don't remember his last name. All I remember is it sounded like a stage name for an enforcer, and luckily he was an enforcer to go with it.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Yeah, I came here to post 'Ryan Ryan'.

I've also seen players with the last names of 'Jon lol' and 'Big snake' in the draft.

I picked a guy with the last name 'Ma' and guy who's first name was 'Tiny', but sadly I don't remember his last name. All I remember is it sounded like a stage name for an enforcer, and luckily he was an enforcer to go with it.

Because Robin Big Snake was an actual WHLer.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
The names are one thing but in the first couple years I usually trade my picks for same round picks in later years. I do this because first couple years you get all crap players and current overages. After 3-4 years they start generating good players and you can get elite ready to play players in the 3+ round. Really weird but EA....

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
"Tiny Tanaka" and "Jimmy Jon lol" both killer picks.

Jimmy Jon's parents couldn't name him that with a straight face.

Photo Aug 21, 14 54 31.jpg Photo Sep 01, 12 25 02.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Anyone know how and where I can get the current NHL roster for NHL18 (not 19, 18) and add it to PS4?

I am not going to waste money on a new game, but that roster is all I want.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Seriously what the f*** is wrong with EA? Spike, Dyke, Jesus, Bear... what kind of names are those? Just a few examples from my current franchise sim:

Pittsburgh twins: Len and Ty Goalie
Absolute superstar at 96 overall: Bear Ravandjahi (tf????)
Toronto's top-2 pairing: Mats Sundin and Cristiano Kavanagh

Every Swedish player is either Pär or Per. All of the guys you thought would be from Russia, are from Belarus, Lithunia, Ukraine, Estonia or Latvia. Every now and then the Canadian stud you picked up from free agency turns out to be Polish or South-Korean. Every draft class has a Swedish guy named Oduya.

This game is crap. But knowing EA Sports, NHL 19 is even worse.

DollarAndADream

Feb 27, 2012
I just drafted a McMuffin in NHL 19. I'm guessing that's because McMuffin is one of the nicknames for created players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad