NHL 16 Be a Pro thread!

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Flash, all those things are very true in my experience. The opponents can tic-tac-toe pass in your zone all day... your teammates just do a dumb deke and shoot 90% of the time and can't string together 3 passes to save their lives.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I'd say Flash's posts about accurately sum up my be a pro experience.

I wish it was slightly more realistic in a few areas. You're never suspended/injured enough to miss any amount of games at all. And it's pretty easy to put up a stupid amount of points, especially relative to the rest of your team/league. Weird thing to complain about, but it just seems like just about every single thing is all around broken.

Makes me really miss Live the Life :(

flash46201

Jul 18, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Thanks

Thanks Rickie and John.

Good to know I am not alone in my pain. I have just played 3 games of BAP in a row where the opposition scored on the first goal of the game. In one game, my goalie let in 5 goals on the first 13 shots, and 6 in the first 20! I was -5 by the end of a 6-1 loss! I'm sure this happens from time to time, but as I mentioned earlier, the opposition goalies are superhuman, and my goalies are...well...not much. For someone who is trying hard to play defensive hockey (even as a Sniper) it sucks I am penalized so much for having a pathetic goalie. I find myself saying at the tv 'you made a save! Good boy!!!' I just don't think these kids would be playing (for long) in any league if they had a .500SP..if that!

The building blocks are there, but EA just seems to want to leave them in a pile instead of constructing something lasting. I guess as long as idiots like myself will shell out money every year for the new version, why bother? The other side being: if everyone stopped buying the game, EA would think 'this isn't selling, why are we bothering?' and they would pull the plug, and then there would be nothing. I doubt another company would pick it up...so the end gamer will always lose. It's up to EA to pick up their game without having us gamers *****. They have to WANT to produce an awesome game. Sadly, I don't think it's going to happen.

flash46201

Jul 18, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
An Example....again...

Just finished a game. My stats:

17:38 ice time...not the lowest on the team, but for a 1st line centre?

1G 2A +2

7 shots, 7 hits, 22FOT 15 FOW

Bottom line, in a 4-0 win (goalie got first star...if you saw previous posts, this is UNHEARD OF!!! and I got second star), and with awesome stats, I got only a B+ rating on offense, which didn't satisfy my coach. We WON the game in a shutout! I got 3 points! But alas, I failed to satisfy him.

FAIL!!!!!!

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
One of my biggest annoyances is when you get on the ice after an on-the-fly change, it seems like 50% of the time the puck is immediately frozen (by the goalie from a shot) before I can actually get involved in the play.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Is there any way to change my number once I'm on an NHL team. The one I chose is either taken or retired by he team and I don't like the one they gave me.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00