NHL '15 Season mode - Game 1 NYI vs. CAR

ML19

Nov 21, 2011
Long Island
So I came here to post my first game results on NHL 15's career mode. You guys should post yours as well. It could be fun to come back to this page after opening day to see whose virtual game most closely resembled the actual game.

ISLANDERS - 7 HURRICANES - 2 :sarcasm:

1st Period:
NYI 9:29 L. Visnovsky (1), (T. Hickey, N Kulemin)
NYI 19:54 B. Nelson (1), (K. Okposo, C. DeHaan)

2nd Period:
NYI 10:12 K. Okposo (1), (Brock Nelson, T. Hamonic)
NYI 20:00 K. Okposo (2), (T. Hamonic, J. Tavares)

3rd Period:
NYI 0:20 J. Tavares (1), (C. DeHaan)
CAR 3:18 J. Liles (1), (E. Staal, J Skinner)
NYI 13:50 B. Nelson (2), (unassisted)
NYI 19:14 T. Hamonic (1), (K. Okposo, B. Nelson)
CAR 19:53 J. Skinner (1), (A. Semin)

Total Shots: NYI - 24 CAR - 16

Three Stars:
1. Kyle Okposo 2g 2a
2. Brock Nelson 2g 2a
3. Travis Hamonic 1g 2a

ML19

Nov 21, 2011
Long Island
Awh nice though I want to go get a copy

I only bought it for the roster upgrades. I really wasn't expecting EA to do much more with the franchise this year because of the major upgrades they put into 14 (such as the new stick moves and better fighting). However, the physics as far as puck and player movement have improved drastically, game flow is a lot more realistic, and it's nice to have new broadcasters. You should definitely pick it up.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
I heard it's a nightmare for the next gen consoles.

Not to go off topic here, but whenever EA releases a new sports game for the newer console the 1st one is so bad that is why I did not get an xbox one / ps4 just for 15. I really want 15 though for my 360.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

Not to go off topic here, but whenever EA releases a new sports game for the newer console the 1st one is so bad that is why I did not get an xbox one / ps4 just for 15. I really want 15 though for my 360.

I have a PS4 and I'm not bothering picking NHL up until some of these modes are actually playable.

Gameplay improvements but no gamemodes= next gen

No gameplay improvements but gamemodes included in game= last gen

It's really disappointing. But anyway that would be awesome if the season actually started with that win!

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee

I cancelled my pre-order after I played the demo. I don't do EASHL or anything like that, I only play single player or split screen with a friend. I just didn't think a pretty game with fluttering jerseys and a kinda revamped skills stick was worth 60 bucks. Maybe when EA can make goalies have a S% above .800 I'll check it out, but they're horrible in this game, and have been for years.
The reviewers are bashing it too. Seems like 7/10 is the highest so far

EDIT: Anyone that as the X1/PS4 version...is there no cool intro for the isles that shows the Coliseum from the outside and a little banter about the team or the building like in the demo? Saw a video on youtube that someone posted for the isles and it didn't have didly. If so that's kinda lame. Coulda said something like this:
"Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum here in Uniondale, NY has been home to the Islanders since their induction into the league. A lot of history here. From 1980 to 1983, the Islanders won 4 consecutive Stanley cups."

Last edited:

ML19

Nov 21, 2011
Long Island
How is that possible? Also, a lot of goals in the last minute of the periods. Weird, is that some kind of glitch in the game?

I scored with 0.6 seconds remaining. There were a lot of late goals in this particular game but not in NHL 15 itself. I haven't had another "under 1 minute" goal since.

scott99

May 13, 2005
So the next gen NHL15 isn't good ? Was gonna buy it for my nephew on Xbox1.

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
How is that possible? Also, a lot of goals in the last minute of the periods. Weird, is that some kind of glitch in the game?

Penalty shot awarded but not called (whistle blown) after the period ended.. or maybe Okposo got on the ice during the intermission when they let the kids play - then KO scored a goal - and the scorers decided to let it count..

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Gameplay wise, the game is great. If he's just a hockey fan who enjoys playing the games I would still buy it.

For next gen it's really only disappointing with the lack of game modes.

Exactly. I cancelled my pre order when I learned that 30 things are missing and picked up the white controller (the rubber starts coming off the analog sticks and i needed a 2nd anyway) and the white Sony Gold headset to enhance my Destiny addiction.

I thought the gameplay and graphics were very good. Almost feels like old school up rezzed with the Dynamic High camera. True Broadcast cam is great if a friend is watching next to you. Takes a bit getting used to but it mimics the TV cameras nicely.

Hybrid controls are good but miss the R2 speed burst. They should've kept that in Arcade mode at least. Anyone know if that's in the game as an option? Wasn't in the demo so I wouldn't think so.

My favorite thing to do in sports games is put myself in the game on the Isles (with 85-90 stats) and play a season. Maybe 20 games then playoffs then do it again with different players. Having fun with this in MLB 14 the Show. If this game can't do that - very sad. Hope they add some modes/options back with updates. I'll prob pick it up anyway but no rush with the 15+ games I'm playing now across all systems.

side note - really miss the NHL 2K series. 2K10 was great on 360 (while the servers still worked) and with no competition - EA releases a severely handicapped game.

Here's what's missing from NHL15 on next gen:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/7/6117493/nhl-15-missing-features-xbox-one-ps4

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
If you had to choose a platform today, would you go Xbox 1 or ps 4?

From an unbiased gamer who has almost all the systems...as of now, easily

PS4

Last gen, 360 reigned supreme although PS3 had a very strong finish that's still going on. Cross platform games looked and ran better on 360 over PS3 (almost all except Need For Speed the Run).

Next gen, it's the opposite right now. Cross platform games shine on PS4 while less so on XB1. Some games like Destiny, even have exclusive content on PS4. Some games that run at 1080P on PS4 are not on XB1.

PS4 also has the edge in exclusive franchises in my opinion. I recently picked up an xbone mostly because of Forza Horizon 2 coming out Sept 30th. Horizon was my favorite racing game and 2 looks to be incredible. But I'm not really turning on the XB1 lately. Too much going on on PS4.

I also feel that Playstation Plus gives out better content for free. XB is trying to catch up with that but I have a bunch of strong free games on my PS3 and 4 that were nice additions to my collection.

Games that I own and recommend on PS4: Destiny - best on PS4 as said, Resogun (brilliant arcade action - top 100 score in the US in demolition mode - this is why my controller is falling apart), Last of Us Remastered - a must, Killzone Shadow Fall, MLB 14 The Show, Zen Pinball 2 (a must try, free platform and table to start), Pure Pool. Dead Nation and Flower have been improved for PS4 as well from PS3 - both are great. I could go on but am getting carried away talking about games when I should be working...

ML19

Nov 21, 2011
Long Island
what did the lines look like?

I don't remember because I edited them, but Frans was 1st line lw, Nelson was on the 4th line, and both Conacher and Brennan were on lines/pairings. Beyond that I can't tell you much except ea sports totally botched the Islanders "best lines". On another note; Lee, Strome, and Nelson are all over an 80 player ranking.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
If you had to choose a platform today, would you go Xbox 1 or ps 4?

I'll admit I've always owned a playstation instead of the Xbox but it looks like the ps4 is performing much better.

While the 360 had the edge on ps3, its the exact opposite now. The exclusives on Ps4 look much more entertaining so far as well.

But consider me biased :laugh:

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
From an unbiased gamer who has almost all the systems...as of now, easily

PS4

Last gen, 360 reigned supreme although PS3 had a very strong finish that's still going on. Cross platform games looked and ran better on 360 over PS3 (almost all except Need For Speed the Run).

Next gen, it's the opposite right now. Cross platform games shine on PS4 while less so on XB1. Some games like Destiny, even have exclusive content on PS4. Some games that run at 1080P on PS4 are not on XB1.

PS4 also has the edge in exclusive franchises in my opinion. I recently picked up an xbone mostly because of Forza Horizon 2 coming out Sept 30th. Horizon was my favorite racing game and 2 looks to be incredible. But I'm not really turning on the XB1 lately. Too much going on on PS4.

I also feel that Playstation Plus gives out better content for free. XB is trying to catch up with that but I have a bunch of strong free games on my PS3 and 4 that were nice additions to my collection.

Games that I own and recommend on PS4: Destiny - best on PS4 as said, Resogun (brilliant arcade action - top 100 score in the US in demolition mode - this is why my controller is falling apart), Last of Us Remastered - a must, Killzone Shadow Fall, MLB 14 The Show, Zen Pinball 2 (a must try, free platform and table to start), Pure Pool. Dead Nation and Flower have been improved for PS4 as well from PS3 - both are great. I could go on but am getting carried away talking about games when I should be working...

I was in the beta for Destiny and loved it. Actually just picked it up from GameStop and very excited to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00