Nhl 14 patch out!

Discussion in 'EA Sports NHL' started by Dylonus, Oct 15, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Dylonus

Dylonus Registered User

2. n00bxQb

n00bxQb Registered User

Already being discussed in the NHL 14 discussion thread

3. SlapshotTheMovie

SlapshotTheMovie Registered User

Gameplay Updates

Fixed an issue where the user would not receive a bonus for picking and holding a side at a faceoff if it was held too long. (This should address the issue of faceoff spamming)
    Fixed issue where the user could press LB/L1 to instantly popup a player from being injured on the ice.
    Fixed rare crash that could occur if the controller was pulled during a potential Left Stick hit.
    Fixed issue where the user was unable to chop the puck using Alternate controls (will now work the same as NHL13).
    Added the potential for tripping penalties to be called for players that trip an
    opponent using the shot block.
    Fixed a rare crash that occurred if the user scored a goal knocking the water bottle off the net at the same time a player was being called for goalie interference.
    Added logic to break up fights if the user is holding opponent in the hold down state too long.
    Fixed an issue where a disallowed goal would actually be awarded if a player from the team who scored touched the puck in the net.

Presentation and Graphics

Add a missing puck texture for the Wild Wings of the DEL.
    Updated Ilya Kovalchuk main menu image with Martin Brodeur when favorite team is New Jersey Devils.
    Updated *. Louis Blues 06-07 jerseys with proper art.
    Updated the following player portraits with correct image: Matt Murphy (Halifax), David Moss (Phoenix), Brandon Archibald (Saginaw), Matt Halischuk (Winnipeg), Joel Armia (Ässat), Xavier Ouellet (Blainville), Kevin Porter (Buffalo), Danny Groulx (Chicago AHL)

Hockey Ultimate Team

Fixed a crash accepting a game invite from the Player HUB when accessed through HUT leaderboard or HUT Seasons leaderboard.
    Fixed an issue that prevented users from redeeming the collection completion bonus for multiple teams unless they rebooted.
    Fixed issue where Simulation Game Style was not properly being carried over into offline HUT games.
    Fixed issue where the consumable level search filter only worked for the first page of results.
    Fixed issue where some players were being tagged as retired preventing the user from advancing to gameplay with them.
    Updated the art for common Gold player cards.
    Added Bronze, Silver, and Gold levels for Logo, Jersey, and Head Coach cards.
    Fixed an issue which allowed users to keep training items applied to their players indefinitely.

Be A GM

Fixed issue where RFA players would delay contract offer responses if they received a contract offer and then a qualifying offer.
    Fixed an issue where the Scout returns from the wrong place after sending him out from the "I've been waiting a few days..." popup.
    Updated Division names with New NHL names.
    Tuning changes to how players are growing in the mode.

Live the Life

Fixed issue where the user was unable to change the simming penalty after creating a BAP save game.
    Fixed issue where post game XP appeared to not be awarded to the user for completing coach’s tasks.
    Fixed issue where the task for breaking a teammate out of a slump was not being unlocked.
    Fixed a crash that occurred when advancing on the calendar after the Memorial Cup around September 10th.
    Fixed issue where Legend Milestone for scoring on you first shot of your first shift was not being awarded.
    Fixed a crash that occurred when loading a BAP save file after playing a split screen offline shootout game.

GM Connected

Fixed issue where wrong player is displayed on the contracts screen after the user buys out another player.
    Fixed a rare crash that could occur when advancing to the trade player screen in leagues with a high number of users.

Online Team Play / EASHL

Fixed an issue where some users were unable to purchase +7 boost vouchers in the Hockey Shop if they had a large number of +3 boosts unlocked.
    Fixed a crash that occurred when attempting to view a Club Invite message from the HUT leaderboards.
    Fixed a crash that could occur after a hit is thrown in a one on one practice session
    Added the ability to turn game misconducts off for EASHL/OTP via tuner update. Player will still earn the 5 min major and then come out of the box.

Audio/Custom Music

Fixed Custom Music issue where the Off Play game event was not playing in game.
    Fixed a crash that could occur when the Home team won if the user had every Custom Music game event assigned with a playlist.

4. Jack de la Hoya

Jack de la Hoya Registered User

Most of the fixes are cosmetic, though a few crashes have been addressed. Little done to gameplay, little to address GM Connected, etc. A pretty disappointing update.

5. WTFetus

WTFetus Marlov

About time they addressed faceoff spamming. Only took like three years. I'll have to check it out first though before complimenting them.

6. Cedream

Cedream Registered User

Did EA give some informations on when they are going to update the rosters?

7. BarDownBobo

BarDownBobo Registered User

There was a new one put out today.

8. Jot

Jot Registered User

Student
    What about the goalie rotations glitch in be a gm?

9. SlapshotTheMovie

i didnt see a post about it from ea but a few people on you tube are saying its fixed. Players like Quick and Rinne get 70 games a year.

10. Jack de la Hoya

But apparently only if you don't edit EA's rosters.

(I haven't confirmed this--but its been posted a few times on the EA forums)

11. SlapshotTheMovie

I am pretty sure you can edit the roaster just not the players.

When i do my GM mode with the rangers I always use my buyout on richards (aka take him off my team and put him in free agency) and i didn't notice the same problem as i did when i tried to fix Jesper Fast potential (they fixed it on their own eventually) but when i did that he never once grew at all.

12. MetalheadPenguinsFan

MetalheadPenguinsFan Disco Is Dead!!!

Where is it??? The most recent roster update I see is Roster Update #3 and it says it's from a few days ago. Not yesterday.

13. Jack de la Hoya

Yup--that's what I mean. You can't edit the players, apparently, without creating problems in an offline GM mode.

14. Jot

Jot Registered User

Student
    Only other problem is the scouting popping up every week, i just want to sim non-stop and it pops up every week its annoying.

15. Persona5

Persona5 Registered User

If you go in and change the scouting from 1 week to 6 weeks you can sim 6 weeks without is poping up again.

16. SlapshotTheMovie

Thats what i typically do... But some seasons I don't have a first or second round pick and the scout really means nothing. Would be awesome to pick more then 6 weeks. Just park in the WHL until the draft.

17. oaklandbylloyd

oaklandbylloyd Registered User

How's the player progression now?

18. couture23

couture23 Registered User

Student
    So where is Joel Armia? Can't find him anywhere.

19. RobinDIF

RobinDIF Size doesn't matter!

I think there is a glitch in the new update. Have seen a couple of example now. When 75-ish overall something players jump to 83-84 over the summer, their trade value and role doesn't adjust to it.

I just traded for Helenius, he is now 84 overall but stil had his former trade value which was around zero. And I signed Sanguiette cause I knew he always jumps, he did, to 84. But assistant coach still list him as "depth d-man" and put him on the bottom pairing.

Same for anyone else?

20. Jack de la Hoya

It shouldn't be a glitch. Its the same as veteran players of around the same overall with not potential left.

The problem is that their trade value is inflated that much to begin with. Potential weights too heavily vs. overall, IMO.

21. sdude5

sdude5 Registered User

the role of the player jumps after the first game that you actually play, also the trade value increases after this. what I do is I play the last minute of my first preseason game and it updates based on them playing which makes sense if you think about it.

22. Cedream

Cedream Registered User

Hope that there gonna update de juniors soon !!!