OT: NHL 14 Cover Vote: Subban vs Lupul

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Really? Desharnais? Proves how much EA follows the NHL haha

Subban will destroy Desharnais in the voting, as he should. I'm still surprised that he even made the ballot.

pine*

Are they trying to save ink by getting Desharnais on the cover? Guy wouldn't even cover a quarter of the page.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
We should not vote for any of our player. Don't want them to have the EA cover curse.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
hahaha, is this a joke? (by EA?)

Wow they're really pandering to the fanbase who do not watch the games and only care about the Franco thing. It's a little insulting, actually. Like maybe PK vs Gallagher would make sense. Pacioretty just cuz he has points, but even then, plz, this isn't NHL '13.

EDIT: just looked at some of the other teams' choices. Wow. Brutal.

Last edited:

Habtchum*

Another stupid ****ing thread to bash Desharnais. You don't have enough of these already on this same board ?

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
The whole thing is ridiculously out of touch unless they're doing multiple rounds...

Look at other teams too. Ottawa... no Karlsson?

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
The last two NHL games sucked. Their updates are ****ing ridiculous.
NHL 13 was my last NHL game.

Btw, why Desharnais? Galchenyuk or Pacioretty would have been better choices.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
hahaha, is this a joke? (by EA?)

Wow they're really pandering to the fanbase who do not watch the games and only care about the Franco thing. It's a little insulting, actually. Like maybe PK vs Gallagher would make sense. Pacioretty just cuz he has points, but even then, plz, this isn't NHL '13.

Well in their defense Subban would run away with it against pretty much everyone except Galchenyuk and Price; and the former would be a better candidate when he's far more established, and the latter was one of last year's choices.

Still, you'd think Plekanec, Pacioretty or even Markov would make more sense, but I guess they figured a Canadien Quebecois player would have local support or something.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
This is awful timing, instead of getting our team ready for the playoffs Therrien is going to be repeatedly voting for Desharnais.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
This is not bashing Desharnais, this is bashing EA sports. I would love to hear someone's genuine reason for voting for DD over PK.

And what IF he wins the Norris (seems like it's slipping away with Letang's solild play)? Could be a fine year for Subban to be on the cover.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
The whole thing is ridiculously out of touch unless they're doing multiple rounds...

Look at other teams too. Ottawa... no Karlsson?

Well they could only choose two guys who have missed most of the season.

Like at least Phillips vs. Zabinejad or Silfverberg or Greening or Turris or ALFIE maybe?

CGY's choices make me realize just how bad they are, but no Cammy or Tanguay? Who decides this ****? NSH too. That said, can those teams please get on with their tanks?

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
coverdm.png

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Desharnais' choice is based on last seasons performance IMO, and Subban's is based on this season... It's not that bad...

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Desharnais' choice is based on last seasons performance IMO, and Subban's is based on this season... It's not that bad...

Agreed, if this were NHL 13.5, it would be a tough choice.

We're going to need a room full of heavy duty computing power to prevent Lupul or JVR from being on there and Subban is a Hab I can finally see on there (maybe Koivu or Kovy in the past, but they like the young guns).

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Well they could only choose two guys who have missed most of the season.

Like at least Phillips vs. Zabinejad or Silfverberg or Greening or Turris or ALFIE maybe?

CGY's choices make me realize just how bad they are, but no Cammy or Tanguay? Who decides this ****? NSH too. That said, can those teams please get on with their tanks?

Maybe those players didn't want to be on the cover or wanted too much money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad