NHL 13 Wishlists Thread

RA9

Dec 30, 2009
Be a GM is better than last year, but please just fix trading. And add more features, like Hiring/Firing coaches, fixing ticket prices, sponsoring and stuff (this may be more of a owner thing.)

puckguy11

This Space for Rent
Jan 31, 2010
Somewhere in MN
I'd like to see either the choice between the CHL and USHL/NCAA. Unlikely given EA's lawsuit, but it'd be fun.

Here's how I'd set it up:
You start at 16 and have the choice between the CHL and USHL. If you choose the USHL, you start getting recruited by colleges at 17 with the option to play NCAA hockey/NHL or stay in the USHL.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Defensemen that actually do something in EASHL on the backcheck...all they do is skate next to the guy with the puck. It's pathetic.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
BaP - Look at NBA 2k12 and copy it.

BaGM - Look at EHM 2007 and copy it.

Seriously. The right way to do things is out there, so it's not even original ideas. Just adapt them to your coding and move on.

JimmyStart*

EASHL

-Get rid of the 12 hour ban or at least allow us to play on 2 different clubs.
-Give teams a certain amount of points/cap so they can spend it on what type of CPU players to have on their team. ie. you can spend more on having a good goalie or d-man. The team you have will always be your team...and you can choose your CPU players names.
-Make the monthly playoffs so you actually play people on a similar skill level. An Elite team can play 4 amateur teams and win the championship???

Additionally go back to where in NHL 10 you could have more than 1 club game for your club at a time. Oh wait that would prob require having decent servers. Seriously I NEVER lose connection on any other game I play. Only with EA's worthless servers to I see this once a day now.

Stick physics that work. At the very least when a body goes THROUGH a stick the puck should automatically come off the stick. It used to with frequency which makes it obvious they tried to cater to noobs and made it easier to hold the puck. On the same token they destroyed any sense of hitting physics or puck physics by taking away the poke check and giving Pejorative Slured balance. "Hitting was unrealistic" no YOU just sucked and ran right into guys without passing and you got checked like you deserved. Now hold A and skate backwards and you can practically skate into the goal it's beyond bad.

Fix glitches within a reasonable time. Why did it take months to get rid of the goalie possession glitch where you could fall into him? Why does the D AI still let guys fly past them dozens of times per game? Why when theres three guys back on D and the AI is closest does the AI never ever put pressure on the puck carrier or make a hit. You have to make out with the AI to get it to hit you. As a result BAP G mode is a joke. Worst game mode I've ever played no way they could be proud of that piece of crap mode...yet they cluelessely make the BAP rewards ridiculously hard to attain.

Make it so OTP counts more. Why don't my OTP and club stats show up? Why can't I attain my boosts via OTP? Makes no sense except to force players to buy the boosts.

Kick for awful performance. Goalie gives up 3 goals in the 1st period including 2 from beyond the blueline with no one else in the zone? Option to kick comes in handy. Player goes offsides 5 times in one period? ESPECIALLY a defender. Guys position score is below a B. All these things are pretty easy for the game to pick up on. Or how bout grading a player more on individual performance rather than on the fact that your goalie is skating out of the net and giving up free goals?

Also how bout the option to leave momentarily. AI can jump on the ice for you as soon as the whistle blows. Y'know like they line change offline? Like in real hockey? If a guy is away for 10 seconds (character standing completely still) he should automatically be taken out and replaced with AI. If he does it 3 times he's out of the game.

A LOT of in game things need to be improved especially online. Hopefully they focus on improving the actual game and less on breaking glass and goalie physics which dont work

Last edited by a moderator:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I'd like more customization options; the ability to edit draft picks (at least the names, country, height, weight, etc); the ability to relocate a team (like Madden had (has?) after a season, building the stadium, etc. Also, I can't believe that they haven't set up a teambuilder function like NCAA has; I could have sworn every EA game would have that by now!!!

More team specific strategy. I'd love if each team had a set of sliders so that playing a team wouldn't be just playing the standard AI, but individual team strategy. That would add a ton to those of us that play offline!! Maybe add coaches that have a certain style; then it would change depending on which coach you hire.

More team history options. When I play through a franchise, I track all my own stuff; but why can't the game do a better job of this for me. Have a place that shows my stats, headlines, highlights, photos, transactions, trophies, etc. Allow me to upload stuff to my computer. Sort of like a dynasty manager in game. I have a giant hard-drive on the Elite; let me use it!!

hermanshire

Jan 2, 2012
New commentators. It´s been more or less the same.
Possibility to have commentators in different langauges (like fifa)
The possibility to hit the refs.

Add the following leagues: AllSvenskan, Mestis, Get-Ligaen

number 19

Feb 23, 2009
Halifax
Gameplay:
New commentators
harder for the cpu to clear the zone on penalties
Animation:
correct/customizable goalie masks
longer stanley cup winning video with all players hoisting cup
quick nhl awards show
Be a Gm:
Hiring/firing coaches
better trades
better free agency
-they fixed the extremely high contracts but now they are too low, i signed stamkos for 5 million per year. no team is within 2 million of the cap, most are 10+ away.
- too few free agents coming available
- some draftees should be good to begin with, play in the nhl right away (80+ ranking)
- trade request by players
- better all-star game (add skills competition?)

Flyerfan808

Apr 28, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Fix the goalie passing when they have it covered. The success rate is way too high and teams who can't win faceoffs exploit this too often. I mean it's great as a situational thing like on the PP when, presumably, the other team just dumped the puck in on the goaltender and he can easily cover the puck and flip it to his defensemen because there is NO ONE else around. However, when there is an orgy of bodies in front of the net, the "cover pass" should be a coin flip not a sure thing.

Elverpond

Sep 21, 2011
most of the stuff i want people have already mentioned except for one thing that is wildly popular and would fix some people's complaints
GET THE SAME EFFIN CREATE-A-PLAYER/TOURNAMENT/LEAGUE as they have in FIFA 12

my god, if you havent played fifa 12 then let me break it down.
all the creation is done online and people can share their creations with other players
you can upload your own images and choose the stadium(capacity, style, etc) your team plays in, i mean it's just THE BEST creation option i've ever encountered.

more commentary like the guys from RDS would be great, maybe some regional guys like in boston and chicago

durojean

May 29, 2007
Import your dynasty... You have a be a gm in nhl 12 you can use the same for nhl 13 that way you don't have to restart each year

KingJet*

I say it will either be, Evander Kane, Erik Karlsson or Phil Kessel on the cover. But I want them to add options like 3 stars and the players ovation to the fans, and give the Jets their right goal horn, have players booed when they return to their former teams, cheered, demand a trade in be a pro, special contracts and such. I dunno, NHL 08 I thought was fun alone, but if 13 could have NHL 08 with NHL 12 features and stuff.

SittingDuck

Dec 11, 2011
Hyvinkää
i personally wouldn't mind if they added (A LOT OF) new leagues for example. KHL, slovakian league, maybe second tier leagues? (swedish allsvenskan, finnish mestis) more junior leagues

This might be an impossible thing for them to do, but they've done it in FIFA so why not in the nhl ?

and in the entry draft, you would have a cutscene when you draft your player in the 1st round, and in the scouting you would have the players stats in there as well( goals, assists, points total)

DG

Sep 19, 2006
Toronto
I'm surprised so many people want this stuff and don't mention fundamentals like gameplay and AI. Teammate AI has actually gotten worse over the year... leave guys wide open in front, terrible pinches, refusal to hold the blue line. Please make passing better too please. I hate how you can't pass the puck to someone who is 3 feet from you... that's ****ing stupid.

Mhoogasian94123

Gameplay:
New commentators
harder for the cpu to clear the zone on penalties
Animation:
correct/customizable goalie masks
longer stanley cup winning video with all players hoisting cup
quick nhl awards show
Be a Gm:
Hiring/firing coaches
better trades
better free agency
-they fixed the extremely high contracts but now they are too low, i signed stamkos for 5 million per year. no team is within 2 million of the cap, most are 10+ away.
- too few free agents coming available
- some draftees should be good to begin with, play in the nhl right away (80+ ranking)
- trade request by players
- better all-star game (add skills competition?)
Better trades are based on the trading system being based off of not using that stupid grid and scales idea. Trades shouldn't be a "look here and there." If a team wants help on defense and you don't offer what they want they should do a counter offer (right away not "I'll get back to you.")

This could be a good and bad thing. Madden had it and that's why I stopped playing it. If a player doesn't get the same stats in consecutive games they want a trade.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
1.Rework the Be a GM. And also add it for the european leagues (Cant be that hard).

2.A.I is to much of a *****, drawing no penalties at all. In rivalry games maybe the A.I should make Cheapshots, and being uncomfortable, the A.I is baloney and i get bored of it in like 10 games beacuse its so predictable.

3.Totally rework the international part of the game(Havent been touched since like 2002). Would be nice with a Be A GM for national teams where you select players and play the WC,Olympics Wjc and so on. AND GODAMNIT JERSEYS! :D

4.Better BAP. This years BAP was good but for christ sake when im off to the bench and simming the shifts between mine, NOTHING happends . This years BAP is good but so unrealistic. I played a season in OHL with Sarnia sting and was moved between second and third line all season. Played all games end guess what. I was on the ice for 80-85 % of the goals scored, both for and aganist. And Yakupov scored like 20 points all season just beacuse i almost never was on the ice with him.

Seems to me EA only puts time in developing the moneymaking assets of the game(EASHL,HUT). Just lucky EHM Series was put down or else i would never buy NHL 13.

sdude5

Jun 16, 2011
Import your dynasty... You have a be a gm in nhl 12 you can use the same for nhl 13 that way you don't have to restart each year

you can its called import nhl 11 profile in the load save delete section in opening menu

Mhoogasian94123

PLEASE don't flame me....

I would love to see a mini game that has the tough guys fight in a match of who's the best enforcer.
I KNOW it's what most people would name a boxing match but wouldn't it be cool to play a game between all of the top fighters and have Bett come out and congratulate the winner with a trophy that looks like a bronzed hockey glove? COME ON is it just me?

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Agreed on the gameplay being the biggest thing they need to fix.

However for me they need to add new commentators, get rid of penalties that aren't penalties(i.e. tripping), make goalie interference not have not happen 10 times a game.

I'm hoping that they choose a goalie for the cover as well. Homer vote for Hank.

Although I see Giroux being the coverboy.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
NHL13 Wishlist

-Ability for Coaches to affect play/firing/hiring coaches.

-Trades more realistic ala upcoming UFA's and contenders. Should be able to give away a draft pick + prospect for a rental, instead of the rental having a lot of value on a team with 15 wins at the deadline, etc. Basically the whole upcoming UFA/rental system should be implemented somehow.

What else? Ill add what other people write. :yo:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Agree with your idea about coaches, like Madden you should be able to hire and fire your coach and assistants. The coaches should all have different attributes that affect your team . They do this in HUT already but on a smaller scale than what I'd like to see.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
-An option that you can enable at the starting screen that makes the Be a GM mode much funnier and trickier. With this option on, the Pro Scout would finally become useful. You wouldn't be able to see the attribute ratings of any player except maybe your team. Instead, you would see grades just like at the draft, with a margin of error depending on the time you spent scouting a team/conference/division/player and the level of your pro scout. Much more representative of real life.
-Get rid of the letters as a potential rating. I'd like each players to have what I call a ceiling for each attribute. Might be hard to implement though. This would be the rating a player is projected to get at on a specific attribute. Then, have a scale from lets say 1 to 10 for the player (For each attribute could get a bit complicated when creating players) which would determine the chances of reaching his ceiling or even going over it. 1 would be almost no chance to reach his ceiling, 7 would be will certainly reach his ceiling and 10 would be has very good chances of going over his ceiling. I'd also want some types of players attribute growths to be implemented : Quick progression (Ex: O'Reilly), normal progression (Ex: Subban), slow progression (Ex: Burrows). That way, there could be players with a ultra high ceiling but with very low chances of reaching it (Think of Nilsson), players with a great ceiling that would take a long time to developp into it, etc. That might sound complicated, and it is. But that would add so much fun to the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->