NHL’s 30 in 30: Ottawa Senators

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
For the month of June, Last Word On Sports will be covering each team in our 30 in 30 series. Once a day, we take a look at an NHL team’s past season, what their off-season looks like, and what they could hope to achieve before the start of their 2015-16 season. Everybody wants to get better and improve upon last season’s success or downfall and NHL’s 30 in 30 gives you that analysis and preview you need to get you by during another long and grueling summer season. 30 days in June, 30 teams to cover. Starting on June 1st we start from the bottom and make our way to the very top.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/06/18/nhls-30-in-30-ottawa-senators/

I had a lot of fun writing this and I hope you all enjoy it as well. Best of luck to your Senators next season!

East not west
The Senators were in a tight battle with the Boston Bruins for the final wild card spot in the West

no harm
Ottawa has two picks in the second round, including two first-round choices, and four in the top-100. In all the Jets select 18th, 42nd, 48th, 109th, 139th and 199th.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2010
For the month of June, Last Word On Sports will be covering each team in our 30 in 30 series. Once a day, we take a look at an NHL team’s past season, what their off-season looks like, and what they could hope to achieve before the start of their 2015-16 season. Everybody wants to get better and improve upon last season’s success or downfall and NHL’s 30 in 30 gives you that analysis and preview you need to get you by during another long and grueling summer season. 30 days in June, 30 teams to cover. Starting on June 1st we start from the bottom and make our way to the very top.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/06/18/nhls-30-in-30-ottawa-senators/

I had a lot of fun writing this and I hope you all enjoy it as well. Best of luck to your Senators next season!

In all the Jets select 18th, 42nd, 48th, 109th, 139th and 199th. Their 3rd-round pick belongs to Edmonton as part of the Ales Hemsky trade, and their 6th-round pick, initially traded to the Jets for a 2014th 7th-round pick, now belongs to the Hurricanes.
I do typos all the time, so not a big deal man!

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I have a template that I use over and over and sometimes I flub on fixing up the team names/conferences.

Thanks for pointing these out.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Go away Crimson. You have no business here! :naughty:

Woe Mule.... back in the day we would say Goof.

Nice Article. Good profile. This is a dot your i's and cross your t's audience.. and make sure your gramatically correct . You could hit 10/10 out of 99/100 things but you will hear about the 1/100 you missed in spades. That one thing, whether significant or germaine to the intended message will be the focus of the next thread of comments that could last for days.

The only thing I didn't like was the EK at 18 choice... not sure where that vibe is coming from but its here.

all in all ... Good piece. Hang in there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad