NHL’s 30 in 30: Minnesota Wild

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Finishing 11th overall, the Minnesota Wild posted a record of 46-28-8 to end up with 100 points, placing them in the third place finish in the Atlantic division and just one point ahead of the wild card Ottawa Senators.
Ummm.... The Wild play in the Central Division and finished 4th (first wild card). Detroit is the team being described in the quoted. Other than that it was a good read! Thanks for sharing!

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
thx 4 the article however you left out all the bumps in the road the wild faced plus all the players that fell short of production expectations. just my one cent. cheers. go wild!

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
The Wild’s best forward in Zach Parise remained the best, posting a 62-point season in 74 games. He led the team in goals and points, as well as all forwards in the +/- department, but his ice-time was reduced to 19:11. His durability has been questioned as well so the Wild will hope the 31-year-old star forward can keep it together.

Don't think I've ever heard anyone question Parise's durability. Honestly, I think he's the least of our problems with Backstrom, Koivu, Vanek, and Pominville all regressing faster than we expected.

You're spot on with our young guys - collectively, they had a disappointing season. You mention Zucker's goals-to-points ratio as if it's a bad thing, which it's really not. Our team historically struggles to draft & develop goal-scorers, so Zucker has been a breath of fresh air. One thing I noticed - you failed to mention Niederreiter, who I think had a relatively successful season.

Thanks for the read, CS. ;)

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
1.The wild play in the Central Division
2.Spurgeon is still an RFA so the wild Still has his rights
3.Parise missed time becuase his Dad passed away
4. Jordan Schroeder for most of the time was in the AHL or press Box.(they should have used him more)
Otherwise it was pretty good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad